What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer info needed

TammysPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there, I'm thinking about jumping from my iPad 1 and buying a iPad 3. How or will I be able to transfer all my info to 3 from 1 easy? Thanks I hope this is a logic question. Thanks. Tammy

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sync your current iPad then connect your new iPad to the PC/Mac and iTunes will give you the option of restoring from the existing backup, choose this option. Your new iPad will be exactly the same as your old one.

The Archangel

OP
TammysPad

TammysPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Sync your current iPad then connect your new iPad to the PC/Mac and iTunes will give you the option of restoring from the existing backup, choose this option. Your new iPad will be exactly the same as your old one.

The Archangel

Thanks a bunch. Always need great words. Can't wait to try it!
Tammy

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TammysPad said:
Thanks a bunch. Always need great words. Can't wait to try it!
Tammy

No problem, I did this when I upgraded from iPad 1 to 2........once done I then changed the name of my new iPad in iTunes so that I could have them set up independently.

The Archangel

jbcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just what I needed to know....may I add a twist of my own? I have a neighbor that would like to buy our old IPAD 1 when we buy our IPAD 3....they have no computer. Is it possible for them to use the IPAD after I transfer my apps and add their own apps without a pc or MAC. They don't own a home computer at all. Will they have to buy a computer to synch ITunes with or can they operate without one?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jbcn said:
Just what I needed to know....may I add a twist of my own? I have a neighbor that would like to buy our old IPAD 1 when we buy our IPAD 3....they have no computer. Is it possible for them to use the IPAD after I transfer my apps and add their own apps without a pc or MAC. They don't own a home computer at all. Will they have to buy a computer to synch ITunes with or can they operate without one?

Just restore it to factory settings, dump the latest OS on it, and they'll be able to do future updates OTA, and will not need a computer. Backups can be into the cloud so that won't be a problem either. They'll be limited without iTunes, but if they don't have a computer they won't be ripping CDs anyway.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jbcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for that reply....my neighbors are seniors not computer savvy and do not wish to learn nor manage a full sized computer system at home. They are almost always on travel. All they want to do is look for restaurants and Hotels on Trip Adviser, search for help /information on the internet periodically, and send/receive email. APPS and IPAD are so perfect for Seniors who have never been on a computer...large enough for older eyes to see, and simple enough not to have to learn much "computerese." Life is good, and Steve Jobs was a genius!

Most reactions

Latest posts