What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer files

matt5968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a neewbiee. I have iTunes installed on pc but can't figure out how to transfer pictures n documents to my iPad. Thanks for help Alex

Bruce S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I transfer photos through iTunes installed on my win7 laptop. iTunes has made a folder "iPod photo Cache" in "My Pictures" folder. By dragging and copying pictures I want copied to my iPad photos then syncing iPad with iTunes the photos will be place in my iPad. The same can be done with mp4 videos in "mp4" folder in "My videos" folder and what ever extension for music in "My Music" folder ( I am not a music fan). I am not sure other than PDF files which documents can be read by iPad. Some one else will have to tell you how to do it on a Mac.

Bruce
some times if you use search you can find answers to you questions.

Bruce S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should of reviewed my post and have not figured out how to edit my post with my iPad. I meant drag and copy the photo to the "iPod Photo Cache" folder.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many apps have file sharing through iTunes. When you plug into iTunes, click on the apps tab at the top, and scroll down. Then you will see the apps that have file sharing.

koyut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want a more robust way of file management. Use goodreader.

user923545

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree goodreader is a great app. I handle [Moderator edit: Removed link to personal site.] here in houston,tx, and I always recommend that app.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

matt5968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bruce S said:
I transfer photos through iTunes installed on my win7 laptop. iTunes has made a folder "iPod photo Cache" in "My Pictures" folder. By dragging and copying pictures I want copied to my iPad photos then syncing iPad with iTunes the photos will be place in my iPad. The same can be done with mp4 videos in "mp4" folder in "My videos" folder and what ever extension for music in "My Music" folder ( I am not a music fan). I am not sure other than PDF files which documents can be read by iPad. Some one else will have to tell you how to do it on a Mac.

Bruce

I copied pict to that folder but still did not xfer picts

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I transfer through Dropbox or use one of the photo transfer apps for photos. If you are transferring a large amount of photos it probably is faster to use itunes, but I like Dropbox which can be opened in Goodreader--my app for organization of just about everything on the Ipad.

I transfer all other files through Dropbox which is integrated with many of the apps I use--its an easy drag and drop on PC and an "open with" on the Ipad or directly download in Goodreader.

Diane

Last edited:
OP
M

matt5968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bruce S said:

Bruce

I have tried this but still won't sync. Any other ideas thanks... Confused. Missing windows now".

agencius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree goodreader is a great app. I handle [Moderator edit: Removed link to personal site.] here in houston,tx, and I always recommend that app.

iAnnotate is my favorite in the PDF space.

Well I have not seen a straight up comparison so far, but it would be interesting to read one.

Anyone out there seen a head to head review?

Most reactions