What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Documents to go

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wanting to transfer word and excel documents from my PC (Windows 7 ultimate) to my new iPad4 64GB. Do I need to have the DTG on both my PC and my iPhone, or is there some connection within the software to link with itunes or cloud or what. Any detailed help would be appreciated.

If there is a better App then please let me know.

Alex

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
1. Get a Dropbox account.
2. Install Documents to Go on the iPad (I use it and love it, until we get an iPad version of Office, that is) D2G has been around since the inception (basically) of mobile computing. I used it in the Palm days as well. D2G will sync easily to Dropbox - I use it every day.
3. Install Dropbox onto you computer, and then what ever files you want to use between the computer and iPad, put them in the Dropbox folder on the computer.

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Somerled,

thanks for the info, much appreciated for someone like me who is very new to i-pad. I have just taken a tour of the Dropbox and the one thing concerns me is security / privacy. I recon this could be overcome by password protecting the more personal documents I download to the Dropbox. Would that be possible / acceptable to the input of Dropbox and is there any control over who shares them?

Alex

MEdwards

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Get a Dropbox account.
Good info. Dropbox looks pretty straightforward.

I've had my iPad for less than a week. When I set it up I was pretty much forced to sign up for an iCloud account. I'd rather not sign up for every "data in the sky" thing. Can I use iCloud the same as I would use Dropbox? Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alex101 said:
Hi Somerled,

thanks for the info, much appreciated for someone like me who is very new to i-pad. I have just taken a tour of the Dropbox and the one thing concerns me is security / privacy. I recon this could be overcome by password protecting the more personal documents I download to the Dropbox. Would that be possible / acceptable to the input of Dropbox and is there any control over who shares them?

Alex

In Dropbox app, you are able to set a code lock, which consists of four numbers you'll have to tap when you want to Open the app. You can also open Dropbox in www. Then you use your mail-adress and a password you've chosen.

Most reactions

Latest posts