What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade show apps?

lumpy790

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any apps you have found handy and would recommend for using on ipad in my booth at trade shows?

business card scanner?

magnetic card scanner?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Business card scanner - just snap shots with the camera?

Magnetic card scanner - best buy sells one. It retails for $9.99 USD

Sent from the Droid... The one you were looking for...

OP
L

lumpy790

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quizzer2093 said:
I'm been looking for a business card scanner for the iPad2 as well

I have an app for my phone that snaps a picture and converts it into info in a file. ideally if I could use the phone then blue tooth it into my ipad.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Business card scanner, maybe CardMunch? Works with LinkedIn

As far as a magnetic scanner, what are you looking for? If it is to swipe badges it won't be of much use unless you know how the badge in encoded. Most trade shows I go to (most major restaurent technology shows in the US, NRA, HITEC, FSTEC, etc.) won't give you the encoding, they want you to rent their machines.
If it is to do sales, perhaps try Square?

OP
L

lumpy790

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Business card scanner, maybe CardMunch? Works with LinkedIn

As far as a magnetic scanner, what are you looking for? If it is to swipe badges it won't be of much use unless you know how the badge in encoded. Most trade shows I go to (most major restaurent technology shows in the US, NRA, HITEC, FSTEC, etc.) won't give you the encoding, they want you to rent their machines.
If it is to do sales, perhaps try Square?

I paid for the "official" badge swiper once and was disappointed that is did not include what I consider basic contact info ....like an email address. No email meant I had no way to contact international interest. A booth across from me had a business card reader.

I have a credit card swiper .... I wonder what that will do?

mcneesek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out iPrizeWheel for iPad. I've used this at a number of events and it's amazing. People line up forever and it's a huge draw to the booth. And we collect data from spinners so we can market when we get back home without have any data entry. It's awesome!

Check out Edited by Moderator - no url's, please read the forum rules

The prize wheel & game wheel has finally been reinvented for the digital iPad revolution! Introducing iPrizeWheel, the all new game wheel app that turns your iPad or iPad 2 into a portable game wheel, customizable in just minutes!Why spend up to $1,000 on a heavy, bulky spin wheel that's expensive to ship, time consuming to customize and locks you into a single theme/brand?

Now you can bring the prize wheel experience with you while you walk through a crowd, or let people come to you at your own location or booth. Plus, use your iPad 2 HDMI output to hook iPrizeWheel up to any HDTV for an even bigger draw and watch the crowds form out of nowhere as people line up to interact with the iPad and iPrizeWheel technology.
iPrizeWheel is completely realistic with sound effects and spin motion. It is ideal for any occasion where fun is required and excitement around your brand is a must:

• Trade Shows
  • Concerts / Live Events
  • Kiosks / Booths
  • Sports Bars / Restaurants
  • Youth Groups / Parties
  • Radio Stations
  • Retail
  • Dentist/Ortho Offices
  • Classrooms

Last edited by a moderator:

D.Cotterell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TradeAssistApp is a new one that I have come across , released in about 2 weeks apparently. If you attend trade shows as a buyer or seller this one seems to tick all the boxes. I Had to google the name exactly tradeassistapp.

Any card scanner app out there i have used before seems to have to many problems with busy cards with to much on them , so gave up on them. This new app you can take a photo of the buisness card and enter details when you like , at the end of the show as a buyer you have a full report with photos of the products you have found and suppliers details attached so you know where that product was from . Cant wait till its out .

Stone10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am telling some name of apps which are better for trade shows. These are bCards Pro, Popplet, Dropbox. I think these apps can give you a better service and better results for your trade show.

HenryIgnite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.salesverge.com
I would agree that Dropbox would be a good resource to use for being able to access your files and presentations easily. I see where you were looking for magnetic card readers, and while I don't personally know of any other than Square, I might be able to provide some other suggestions if I have more information. What specific goals do you have in mind at the trade show?

Are you looking for an app that is going to help you manage clients that you meet, if so I'd recommend SalesVerge, or just something to access your presentation materials and notes? May I ask also what kind of trade show you are visiting?

alice2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try using QuickTapLead. It allows exhibitors at trade shows, exhibitions and events to qualify leads and capture lead details easily using their own mobile tablet.

Most reactions

Latest posts