What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tracking finances

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have had my iPad for about 4 months now, and since I also have an iPhone and Mac, I am working on integrating them together as best as possible. I am having trouble finding an app that is available on all three devices (but at least iPhone and iPad), which will allow me to track my expenses. I have found apps that work pretty great on one device (like Cashflow), but so far I have not found anything that would sync the data between my devices. My current solution is to write this stuff into Notes on my iPhone and then rewrite it onto my iPad in the evening, but it's very cumbersome (and unsafe). So anyone know of an app that does what I'm looking for?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just read about an app called, coin keeper. I read this on my app advice app. Not sure if this may fit what you are looking for regarding synchronization.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mint is popular, and available for all three devices.

I don't use it myself. My finances are simple. Using an app would actually make things more complicated. ;)

OP
P

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read about an app called, coin keeper. I read this on my app advice app. Not sure if this may fit what you are looking for regarding synchronization.

Thanks, I already saw that app, but there is unfortunately no synchronization available.

Mint is popular, and available for all three devices.

I don't use it myself. My finances are simple. Using an app would actually make things more complicated. ;)

Yes I read about Mint, but it's not available in my country. Otherwise, it looks like a perfect solution to what I need. And I also don't need anything complicated, just have to track how much goes out and into my account on a weekly/monthly basis, so that I won't be in negative so much :p

I use PageOnce on both the iPad and my Android smartphone. Works quite well.

Does it synchronize the data between the devices? I can't seem to find anything about that in the app description.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I've written my own Excel work sheet that gives me the exact columns and calculations I require for my own household and business expenses. This is nicely synced (manually) to whichever device I need it on.

I edit it in Numbers on my mac, MS Office on my pc, and Office2HD on my iPad and iPod.

OP
P

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've written my own Excel work sheet that gives me the exact columns and calculations I require for my own household and business expenses. This is nicely synced (manually) to whichever device I need it on.

I edit it in Numbers on my mac, MS Office on my pc, and Office2HD on my iPad and iPod.

Do you think you could send me some kind of an example of how you set up these calculations? I'm not too great when it comes to Numbers/Excel... :(

Most reactions