What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touchscreen selecting

Suriderx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I am new here. An older friend, new to touch screens, is having problems selecting. The one touch click selecting. When I do it, it will work. For her it only works maybe 60% of the time. We cleaned the screen, but again as I said it works when I do it.

Could her fingernails affect this? They aren't really long, but longer than my really short ones. Should I suggest he get her nails trimmed?

Anyone else find anything that helps an older users get the hang of one touch selecting ?

THANKS!!

-SuRider

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know that the fingernails have to be trimmed, as long As your friend is touching the screen with the pads of her fingers, not the fingernail part. Because the fingernails alone won't register - it must be the pad.

Are your friend's hands dry? Believe it or not, really dry hands don't work well on the capacitive screen of the iPad. So, have your friend try moisturizing before s/he uses the iPad (of course, don't soak the hands, but enough). Or, maybe try a stylus (though that won't help if you have to pinch or something like that.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Hopefully, others will be along with more suggestions.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts