What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

touch screen malfunctions?

Brian Chin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone had an outage of the iPad touch screen ever? I was recharging from less than 3% charge, and now can't enter my passcode or even slide the "slide to unlock" screen when unfolding my cover to use the screen. Had to use a desktop to post this.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you notice the problem right away or after the iPad had finished the recharge?
Have you tried rebooting the iPad, it may help? Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.

OP
B

Brian Chin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you notice the problem right away or after the iPad had finished the recharge?
Have you tried rebooting the iPad, it may help? Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart.
Holding down the power button alone restored screen. Thanks for your help, happy, healthy, functional new year to you and your dear ones.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Holding down the power button alone restored screen. Thanks for your help, happy, healthy, functional new year to you and your dear ones.
I'm glad it's fixed, thanks for letting us know. It's always good to hear about the success stories.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It usually happens when you open an iPad, then it switches from portrait to landscape, or vice versa. An alternative is to open the camera app on the bottom right of the screen and press the home button, or open the control center and either open the clocks or camera app from there and doing the same procedure.

Most reactions

Latest posts