What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch pen

xincai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Bought a touch pen today. I download a couple of notebook software and tried to write with the pen. It seems not working except the small brush. I can write with the brush but not the pointed pen, how come?

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was it designed for the iPad? Only certain styli work. If you share more information about the brand and model then you'll get more feedback.

anika_perry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was it designed for the iPad? Only certain styli work. If you share more information about the brand and model then you'll get more feedback.

True! I've seen a lot of stylus in the market but only a few really works for iPad.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have several styluses but by far my favorite is Jot by Adonit. I use it in a number of apps that have handwriting and drawing. I find Noteshelf to have the best handwriting--smoothest, natural feel to writing.

Zeke1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Yeah we need the brand to figure that out as someone said. I only use one stylus, a Targus. It's very durable and works very well. The reason normal touch pens, (say, for a palm device or such) will not work with the iPad/iPod devices is because the screens are touch capillarity. (Meaning that they respond to the electric pulses in your finger). The only pens that work are ones that conduct that current from your hand to the end of the pen.

Last edited:
OP
X

xincai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zeke1 said:
Yeah we need the brand to figure that out as someone said. I only use one stylus, a Targus. It's very durable and works very well. The reason normal touch pens, (say, for a palm device or such) will not work with the iPad/iPod devices is because the screens are touch capillarity. (Meaning that they respond to the electric pulses in your finger). The only pens that work are ones that conduct that current from your hand to the end of the pen.

Yea, it's icloud.

Thanks,

brunodjkj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a snugg stylus tho I'm not happy with it that much as the end is fat like a rubber on a pencil, there is a pen point inside with small rubber on end but it doesn't work pen is supposedly for IPad.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No connection to Jot but that's what is so great about the Jot--its quite different than styluses like the Targus or Pogo. The tip is quite fine but it has a clear disc that allows it to work smoothly without being "fat".

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts