What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To iPad or not to iPad?

jvdk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my name is John and I don't own any Apple technologies. I do have a BB Curve.
I'm was considering to buy a netbook. Now reading again about the iPad and it's capabilities I'm seriously thinking the iPad is maybe a better solution. The 64 GB WiFi only version is quite a bit more expensive than a netbook, but it's way cooler, lighter and I expect a lot easier to operate. My wife (absolute Non-Technical) needs to be able to use it. She likes to read and look at the pictures I've taken with my camera. I've tried a 8" digital frame but it just doesn't cut it.

Thanks,
John

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my name is John and I don't own any Apple technologies. I do have a BB Curve.
I'm was considering to buy a netbook. Now reading again about the iPad and it's capabilities I'm seriously thinking the iPad is maybe a better solution. The 64 GB WiFi only version is quite a bit more expensive than a netbook, but it's way cooler, lighter and I expect a lot easier to operate. My wife (absolute Non-Technical) needs to be able to use it. She likes to read and look at the pictures I've taken with my camera. I've tried a 8" digital frame but it just doesn't cut it.

Thanks,
John
Buy the Wifi, use it for a month, give it to her then and buy a 3G fer yourself...:p

Eeyore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello jvdk and welcome to the ipadforums! I am also a photographer and new to Apple products and hope to use the ipad for displaying photographs. Please be aware that you will need to buy the camera adapter accessory for the ipad in order to download your pictures.

There will probably be some specialized apps in the future because quite a few wedding photographers will be using the ipad to display their portfolios to future clients. The ipad is a much cleaner interface than using a netbook and also weighs a lot less.

All the best.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello jvdk and welcome to the ipadforums! I am also a photographer and new to Apple products and hope to use the ipad for displaying photographs. Please be aware that you will need to buy the camera adapter accessory for the ipad in order to download your pictures.

There will probably be some specialized apps in the future because quite a few wedding photographers will be using the ipad to display their portfolios to future clients. The ipad is a much cleaner interface than using a netbook and also weighs a lot less.

All the best.
Just to clarify, you only need to buy the camera adapter if you want to download pictures directly from your camera to the iPad. If you download your pictures from the camera to a PC/Mac, you can then sync your photos (along with your music, books, apps, movies, etc) to your iPad.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! I would at least wait for the iPad to be released, and spend some time with it at the store. I think it could be a much better solution then a netbook.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site John. I've had my share of BB's as well but now have moved onto the Droid and Nexus One, but I'm still looking forward to the iPad!

Most reactions

Latest posts