What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Title) Pages

gonner85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I am a grad student who is attempting to transition from laptop to tablet. Given my studies, word processing is obviously the main thing for which I use my iPad. I've been using Pages, and so far, it's been going great.

At this point, however, a professor has asked that I turn in a term paper electronically. Naturally, it needs a title page, and naturally, the title page needs to not be included in the page numbers. I've just done the title page as a separate file before, but since it's electronic submission, that won't work. So: how can I keep my first page (and, ideally, a last page for biblography though that's less important) from being numbered with the body of the paper?

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What format are you submitting the document in? If it is PDF, you could do each section separately, then export as PDF; import the PDF files into something like PDF Expert and combine them.

OP
G

gonner85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The professor asked for it in Word format. I have a pdf combiner; is there anything similar for word?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can only recommend you look at the other office suite solutions. Since I don't use any of them I have little idea what features will work. You'll have to do your own research, and possibly even contact the developers for details.

The most common apps are Documents to Go, Office HD, and QuickOffice. A fairly recent addition the lineup, Polaris Office might also be worth looking at.

The other possibility (assuming you can't use a computer to compile the final documents) would be the virtual desktop solutions provided by CloudOn and OnLive. Both of them require a good internet connection to use, but they provide a full suite Microsoft Office apps. The free accounts are probably all you need; though you may have to jump through a couple of hoops to get the Pages documents on/off the virtual machines. CloudOn recently added Box.com support, which is considerably easier to use with the iWorks apps than DropBox.

peterkelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.uxproductivity.com
None of the word processing apps currently available for the iPad give you this level of control over document structure... I recommend that once you've finished writing your document, you take it across to a PC/Mac and do the final layout tweaking there.

Most reactions

Latest posts