What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIP: Perfect App for 3G iPad when out in traffic

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beat the Traffic HD 1.0

Price: Free, Version: 1.0

158842.jpg
Description:

Beat the Traffic® is the easiest way to enjoy a hassle-free commute in the USA and Canada.

Beat the Traffic® quickly provides live traffic maps, showing traffic speeds and incidents on major routes for more than 100 cities.

What are the special features for your iPad?
- Quickly view accurate traffic conditions for your current location, or search for a city in the USA or Canada using the Beat the Traffic® App’s search tool
- Get details of the incidents and roadwork
- View Weather information combined with traffic within the same map interface

Live traffic cameras are accessible in 31 cities:
New York City, Houston, Atlanta, Toronto, Phoenix, Seattle, San Bernardino, Minneapolis, Denver, Portland, Sacramento, San Antonio, Providence, Nashville, Memphis, Louisville, Hartford, Buffalo, Salt Lake City, Raleigh-Durham, Tucson, Fresno, New Haven, Omaha, Bakersfield, Boise, Chattanooga, Redding, Macon, Beaverton, Chico.

Let Beat the Traffic® Get You There!

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man this sounds like a great app! I'm going for it right now!

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it work tethered from a iPhone?

My guess is yes as you can manually select your city. It is currently free so nothing is lost for trying it. You could also pull it up using wifi and look at the traffic before leaving out.

FYI here is the latest on the iPad only apps
Total Available iPad Apps: 5117
I have found 673 iPad apps so far for my own use and spent only about a hundred dollars.;) Many are free if you watch the new releases the day they appear. Others drop the price to generate interest so now is a good time to collect apps you may find useful.

You do not have to load all of them onto an iPad at once although my 637 apps would easily fit on a 64GB iPad. You have to use the finder to launch them as it is too many for the desktop.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, 4fhun! I should have said it before, but you're the best source I've seen for useful (and free) apps! We should all send you a dollar:)

ipadgypsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My thanks too 4phun - you have shared so many cool things - I have a ton of stuff downloaded already waiting for my iPad - thanks to you!

Really appreciate it!

iPadGypsy

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery Monitor App has free version BattPowr HD Free By XCool Apps

There was a Battery Monitor App released on April 22 for $2 that people love. Today the developer released a free version to get more to look at it.

BattPowr HD Free

By XCool Apps

iPad Only The BEST battery app for iPhone and iPod touch gets a facelift for the iPad!

BattPowr HD Free adds more fun in charging your iPad with an ANIMATED battery. Upgrade to BattPowr HD for the FULL CHARGE ALARM feature!

Now you can even set a WALLPAPER as the background while your device charges itself! Select and customize your desired wallpaper. Choose from the 6 built-in selection, or upgrade to BattPowr HD and use those from your own Photo Albums!

Wondering how much battery life your iPad has?

BattPowr HD Free shows you the current percentage of battery life left on your iPad. Quickly view your remaining charge thru the large and pleasing visual indicators.

BattPowr HD Free also calculates the remaining hours and minutes for each different use, including: iPod music playback, video playback, web browsing, eBook reading time as well as remaining standby time.

Features:
- accurate information on remaining battery time
- beautifully designed interface
- large and pleasing visual indicators
- battery image animates while device is charging
- always-on mode when charging
- shake device to refresh display
- uncluttered design, full version lets you hide anything or everything
- full charge alarm alerts you when your device is fully charged (full version)
- use your own photos as wallpaper (full version)

Read what others say about BattPowr!
Your device battery at a glance ★★★★★ - djmorituri
Useful nifty app ★★★★★ - kiamsiap
Totally useful! ★★★★★ - ihawk98

mzl.npmnyvcn.480x480-75.jpg

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another Tuesday Note: Apple releases iTunes 9.1.1, fixing VoiceOver, Genius Mixes

Apple releases iTunes 9.1.1, fixing VoiceOver, Genius Mixes issues

Note from AppleInsider

Apple on Tuesday released a minor update for iTunes, its media player suite for Mac and Windows, with version 9.1.1 bringing fixes for a number of issues, including stability and usability problems with VoiceOver and Genius Mixes.

Update iTunes now before Friday 3G. Updating then could be a nightmare with so many jumping onto iTunes to set up the 3G.

Last edited:

lv2rad8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jst downloaded the "Beat the Traffic" app, will be great when in the passenger seat on vacation for s in Orlando or even here in LA county where the traffic is just heavenly.... LOL:p

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple releases iTunes 9.1.1, fixing VoiceOver, Genius Mixes issues

Note from AppleInsider

Apple on Tuesday released a minor update for iTunes, its media player suite for Mac and Windows, with version 9.1.1 bringing fixes for a number of issues, including stability and usability problems with VoiceOver and Genius Mixes.

Update iTunes now before Friday 3G. Updating then could be a nightmare with so many jumping onto iTunes to set up the 3G.

OK, just updated to 9.1.1. Even though the requirements for the iPad specifically state that the latest version of iTunes be installed, do you think that the many, many 3G iPad hopefulls who haven't seen this will have thier sync delayed if they haven't updated? Wow would I be upset!

Thanks 4phun. Maybe we should send you $2.00 each. I never would have known of that update without your post:D

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Urbanspoon for iPad just hit the App Store

Specifically designed for the iPad, Urbanspoon can show you all the restaurants in your city at the same time. You've never seen anything like it. I used an iPhone version often but this looks better.

FEATURES

+ Explore thousands of restaurants at once
+ Zoom into your neighborhood on the map
+ Tap "spin" if you can't decide
+ Filter by neighborhood, cuisine or price
+ Instantaneous search
+ Offline access - restaurant data is kept on your iPad
+ Compare restaurant picks with your friends
+ Ratings and reviews from newspapers, bloggers and fellow eaters

Available in most North American cities as well as most cities in the UK and AU.

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A quick note the iPad version of Pool Pro Online is free Wed April 28 only.

Also search for Pac man lite by the same programmer, looks good on the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts