What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time Wasted to Copy/Paste...

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have clocked how much time it takes for when you hold finger down on touch screen on the ipad so you can copy/paste something..

It takes approximately 1sec
The following is calculations for how much time a day/year spent..
Doing this 10 times / day.
10 times / day = 10 seconds a day
3650 sec/year or 61 minutes

fa69f37d.png

The following is for 5 times/day..
5 times / day = 5 seconds/day
1825 sec/ year or 30 min

fc25878b.png

Last edited:

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need a graph of how much time you spent making silly graphs :D
Copy paste is one of those things you don't use much, but when you need it, you really need it. Other than adding hotkeys to the keyboard, how else would you do it?

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need a graph of how much time you spent making silly graphs

Lol, but seriously, it's not just copy/paste it's also holding finger down on touchpad to move the cursor to a certain spot..

Anyway, don't take much time and I like to flirt with statistics..

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Those graphs aren't very useful. For the calculations you provide, the text version gets your point across better than the graphs.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyway, don't take much time and I like to flirt with statistics..

Then finish the idea: that's .012% of your time out of a year. I'll spend more time waiting for traffic signals, in line at Starbucks, or trying to pick a decent bunch of bananas at the supermarket. Related specifically to the iPad, I'll spend more time waiting for apps to load. Statistically, the time isn't significant.

Photo1017

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
wjd333.smugmug.com
I'd like to see a comparison of that data compared to a computer with mouse. How much time to reach for mouse, align cursor, click, select and copy?
That would be meaningful, well, useful, well it would seem to provide some substance...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to see a graph that charts how much time people waste complaining about how the iPad does not have exactly the same functionality as a computer with a full keyboard and separate mouse or pointing device when it wasn't designed to be a replacement for that in the first place!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe instead of posting stats, you should edit your signature or find another picture to replace the one you deleted from your Photobucket album!

Most reactions

Latest posts