What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time AND Date AND Day of Week where currently only the time is displayed.

bob12603

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the very top of the screen "iPad" + some symbol occurs at the left, and then smack in the middle is the time of day, and then all the way to the right is a Bluetooth symbol and battery info. Is there any way to change that time area to display, in addition to the time, the date and day of week?

I know that there are apps to do this but I don't want to have to open up an app. I'd just like the info to always be there at the top of the screen.

Thanks, Bob

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A stock iPad will show the time only in the status bar. Afaik adding the date is possible with a jailbroken device.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Imperfect but usable alternatives.

The native Calendar app displays the current day and day of the week. Add it to your dock and it will be visible on all home screens.

Or, you can pull down the Notification Center almost anywhere and see this information in the Today view. (in-app Notification Center may be disabled in Settings).

You can also ask Siri, which sounds silly, but works pretty well if you have the phone in your pocket and your Apple headphones on.

OP
B

bob12603

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Imperfect but usable alternatives.

The native Calendar app displays the current day and day of the week. Add it to your dock and it will be visible on all home screens.

Or, you can pull down the Notification Center almost anywhere and see this information in the Today view. (in-app Notification Center may be disabled in Settings).

You can also ask Siri, which sounds silly, but works pretty well if you have the phone in your pocket and your Apple headphones on.

Thanks to the several responders. The two non-Siri solutions provided by twerppoet were both easy to implement and get the job done. I am sure that the SIri solution works well too but Siri and I just haven't bonded yet.

Since I am a casual iPad user I am not brave enough to try to jailbreak it - I don't even know precisely what that means.

I appreciated your response sania250 but have to admit that I didn't understand it.

Thanks again to all responders, Bob

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad to help.

Siri is more useful on an iPhone than an iPad; mostly for super simple stuff, not the more complex features Apple likes to show. About the only think I use Siri for on the iPad is dictating short, simple bits of text.

Most reactions

Latest posts