What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Cook Comments on the Future: "products that will blow your mind"

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
Tim-Cook-Apple-preparing-products-that-will-blow-your-mind.jpg

Tim Cook, the new CEO of Apple, had some important comments to make at the recent Apple shareholders meeting. In response to some shareholder concerns that Apple might lose some of their ability to innovate without Steve Jobs, Cook indicated, "There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t miss him." He also added, “...great sadness turned into an intense determination to continue the journey because that’s what he would have wanted." He finished with, “You can be assured we are working as hard as ever this year to deliver an incredible year and some products that will blow your mind.â€

I am sure that, if Apple can deliver on Mr. Cook's promise, then Steve Jobs will be quite proud of their accomplishments. We shall have to wait and see, but I am quite optimistic that we will see some amazing technology from Apple continue to "make a dent in the universe".

As an interesting side-note... another thing Tim Cook mentioned during the shareholder's meeting was that Apple has "more cash than it needs." Although no firm answer was given on this subject, Cook intimated that they are considering dividend options for shareholders.

Source: PhoneArena

Last edited:

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They started with iPhone 4S instead fully redesigned & new iPhone 5. Their new iPad is unchanged visually over iPad 2 (that was not case when Steve was in charge).
But, lets believe him on word that, at least, on the other half of year we will (maybe) see something new!

Seems that Steve`s importance in Apple will be mentioned pretty much in future.

Pathak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Milanno said:
They started with iPhone 4S instead fully redesigned & new iPhone 5. Their new iPad is unchanged visually over iPad 2 (that was not case when Steve was in charge).
But, lets believe him on word that, at least, on the other half of year we will (maybe) see something new!

Seems that Steve`s importance in Apple will be mentioned pretty much in future.

This is really very encouraging.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are huge shoes to fill. Remember who we are referring to. A person who has been dubbed ( before he died ). " the current day Thomas Edison"
The man with the golden touch". "genius". " the most significant innovator of modern times ". I'm sure I am leaving a couple of good ones out here but my point is Mr.Cook, you must doit,not say it. Already w see the ip3 without the new changes that are supposed to set tablets off in a new direction. Sure a couple of major improvements is a big deal but I was expecting something different. All the bs that was speculated ( curved glass, ice maker etc) is missing. I for one am behind ya but take a chance Tim. Let's blow the competition away. Yes, we have and are but I mean innovate. Try new styles . You have our support.you can do no wrong just don't et things get stale. You can very well find yourself being called some of those legendary nicks.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve Jobs's name will be mentioned in the near and far off future. He will be the innovator to our future generations and every time the history and evolution of the personal computer is taught to the young he will be the man they focus on. They are huge shoes to fill. Remember who we are referring to. A person who has been dubbed ( before he died ). " the current day Thomas Edison"
The man with the golden touch". "genius". " the most significant innovator of modern times ". I'm sure I am leaving a couple of good ones out here but my point is Mr.Cook, you must doit,not say it. Already w see the ip3 without the new changes that are supposed to set tablets off in a new direction. Sure a couple of major improvements is a big deal but I was expecting something different. All the bs that was speculated ( curved glass, ice maker etc) is missing. I for one am behind ya but take a chance Tim. Let's blow the competition away. Yes, we have and are but I mean innovate. Try new things... You have our support.you can do no wrong just don't et things get stale. You can very well find yourself being called some of those legendary nicks ... The ipad4 must be a curved ,two sided screen with optional cell or even sattelite service. As you can see I'm hung up on that curved glass bit they said was / might be coming. It should hide every connecting card possible and be able to holograph your photos above it. Ipad4. iPhone 5x. I realize much of my bs is just that. But I do patronize apple and I am loyal to the products. Just want Tim to know we want more. Use that cash to blow our minds march 7. And later in the year as well. K ,it's to late for ip3 but we want a new fangled ipad4.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm anticipating ip3 with childish excitement but I sure as hek though it would be more than the gorgeous retina display and Siri. Micro slot is cool but I wanted to really put it to asus and the rest. Common Tim. Blow our minds. How about a little holographed Tim cook pops out 30" above the device to walk us shortly through what we have and how to initiate function. Be nice.
I hope the icons have the floating on water affect with ripples from touching them. Is there a bezel or gorilla glass end to corner?
The way it's been said,I won't even need to replace my hard case due to the identical measurements. Ok ok I'll take one. Next time have ip4 unfold from the size of an phone into the 10" form or something crazy to stand out as we always have. We're set of blending in with the rest lately

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve was not innovator. Steve was guy who had power to motivate all people around him to make products that other companies think as mission impossible.
Steve was guy who pushed limits on peoples minds what they actually can do with their gadgets.
Steve convinced people that they must appreciate great design.

My concerns goes in way that Steve's energy is missing.

This is my vision how Steve was doing his job (imagine situation that Steve was fully in charge last year):

Engineers & designers: Steve, we just cant release iPhone 5, we must delay iPhone 5 for next year. That is just not possible!
Steve: That is not my concern, I want to see iPhone 5 this year in Apple stores!
Engineers & designers: How?
Steve: Do your magic guys. Believe me guys, you can do it!
Engineers & designers: Oh
Steve: Guys you work for Apple, company that brings impossible. Our job is to make people speechless when they realize that impossible just happened in front of their eyes.

Well, that was Apple for past years. Apple was unique for bringing impossible, but in same time reliable products.

Most reactions

Latest posts