What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This luxurious 24kt gold iPad Air can be yours for $5,000 USD

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
ipad-air1ss.jpg

Some of us were hoping that the iPad Mini could come sporting the attractive gold color, but Apple has decided to keep it only for the flagship iPhone 5s. But if you are still interested in buying a gold iPad, this time, the iPad Air, you can have a look at the gold iPad Air designed by the Computer Choppers company.

There is nothing like a little competition to get us working on some extreme customizations for our ADEMOV brand products. Rather than polish another Gold iPad (like you've seen from us many times), we decided to up the ante a little bit to show everyone who creates the baddest luxury electronics on the planet. The pictured Gold iPad Air is polished, engraved, and machine cut with a black acrylic layer to match the black Apple logo. About the only step we left out was diamonds in the entire thing. This particular 24kt Gold iPad Air (128gb) will set you back $5,000 USD.

This 128 GB iPad Air has been engraved, laser cut, polished, plated, clear coated, and comes with a CNC’ed black acrylic inlay. But for $5, 000, it’s obvious that there will be limited quantities made.

Source: Computer Choppers

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind chrome myself, I DO mind paying 5K for it lol. What about Apple warranty?

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just don't see why it's practical buying something like this.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Practical? Who said anything about practical? This is about being silly and flaunting ones money. Zero to do with practical.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It's NOT, it's for the rich lol.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To be fair to the rich....a lot of them would never buy something like this....but among the rich are those who love to flaut their money by owning flash, totally silly things and devices so they can show off their wealth...and they are the target for such a device.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find this totally tasteless. I'd be embarrassed to be seen with one, even if someone gave it to me for free.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find this totally tasteless. I'd be embarrassed to be seen with one, even if someone gave it to me for free.

I'd keep it and put a cover on it lol.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd keep it and put a cover on it lol.

Seems like a waste to do that. I'd sell it to some tacky person who'd be willing to pay, then buy an iPad and have a bunch of cash left over, lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts