What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is what I am looking for - can you help?

Multibeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking for a case that has the following:

- able to watch / use both in portrait and landscape :ipad-movie: & :ipad-front:
- casing so that the screen is protected
- ability to type ala this :ipad-keyboard:
- nice form factor. something that looks professional for meetings
- ideally around (or less than) $50

like what the Apple case can do in terms of functionality, but looks too flimsy to me.

Thanks in advance.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For that price, the iPad case is probably your best bet. It may look "flimsy", but I have been using it for several months and it is holding up quite well. It does not have any screen protection (and I seriously doubt you will find any case that has a built-in screen protector at your price point), but I have a Zagg front protector - $14.99 @ Amazon.

OP
M

Multibeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
would still be open to some suggestions outside of that price range or other opinions.

prodmktg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
InCase

I picked up the Incase at the Atlanta Apple store. I'm a road warrior and killed my first iPad within a week. The guy at the Apple store recommended the Incase as the most protective case they carried. It's professional looking - leatherette. Stand for landscape mode viewing and typing - with 3 positions. Ive had it a few months now and like it a lot. And I havent had to replace a broken iPad again!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You described the Apple Case! Go collect your prize!

I have one on my iPad and my gfs and it is great...nothing at all flimsy about it. As for screen protection...it is reinforced glass...unless you are storing it in a toolbox you have no need to "protect" it. Don't throw diamonds at it repeatedly or drop it out of a moving vehicle and it should be ok ;)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't throw diamonds at it repeatedly or drop it out of a moving vehicle and it should be ok ;)
And definitely do not use it as a fly swatter!!!

(Darn! I knew I should have saved that video!)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts