What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinnest folio style case (like apple case) with latch

antwon412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want a nice case for my new iPad, but I'm not crazy about the material of the official iPad case. I also don't like little......ridges on the edges of it.

Anybody have firsthand experience with a nicer case then this? Most any material would be fine. And a small flap with a magnet in it to keep it closed would be nice. And obviously the ability to prop the pad in various positions.

My biggest desire is again, something that adds no bulk at all.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Edit - I want something as conforming as a gel/silicone sleeve with a cover basically.

Thanks again

Last edited:

murphyrulez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Edit - I want something as conforming as a gel/silicone sleeve with a cover basically.

Thanks again

I got my Macally Bookstand yesterday, it seems to be what you want. Check out some pictures I took of it:

Macally iPad Bookcase - Imgur

I'm happy with it, the case doesn't cover any of the front of the iPad like the Apple case does. Has a leather flap to hold it in place.

OP
A

antwon412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thats is EXACTLY what im looking for! thanks. nice to see a real world picture of one too.

Is the ipad held in there pretty good?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why does it seem like it would fall out of that thing? I like the apple case.

Juneau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am interested as well. Definitely looking for feedback as to how well it is secured in that case.

OP
A

antwon412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
from looking at the pictures....i would bet you kind of stretch out or slightly bend back the corners , then "pop" them back over the ipad. as if the case is a millimeter too small almost.

you can see the top edge of the plastic corner guards have a little lip that snaps over the ipad. im going to order one now. its looks exactly like what im looking for.

tho, this looks decent as well - Incipio Kickstand for iPad - Black/Black IPAD-133

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
from looking at the pictures....i would bet you kind of stretch out or slightly bend back the corners , then "pop" them back over the ipad. as if the case is a millimeter too small almost.

you can see the top edge of the plastic corner guards have a little lip that snaps over the ipad. im going to order one now. its looks exactly like what im looking for.

tho, this looks decent as well - Incipio Kickstand for iPad - Black/Black IPAD-133

The incipio looks much more secure.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I see that, but there is no class or lip to keep the iPad in the case...seems like it would pop out all the time.

OP
A

antwon412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think once all 4 of those corners are holding it on, with the lips on each corner you would have to physically pop at least 2 of them off for the ipad to come out.

hard to tell. hopefully the owner will chime in soon. i went to order one, but its not available until 5/4 so ill wait a bit. its exactly what i want, but perhaps i can find something local or just as good in stock.

or the quirky cloak will be available soon.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Incipio was reviewed by MacWorld and while they like it, it was not worth it for my taste. $60 and you cannot fold the cover back while holding it. The only advantage was being able to remove the iPad easier than the Apple case. If I wanted a stand for my iPad, I would not go to a case like that.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Incipio was reviewed by MacWorld and while they like it, it was not worth it for my taste. $60 and you cannot fold the cover back while holding it. The only advantage was being able to remove the iPad easier than the Apple case. If I wanted a stand for my iPad, I would not go to a case like that.

Good thing I only remove it once in a while to clean it in the places covered by the...well cover...lol

OP
A

antwon412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well the incipio is only $22 in that link. that low price might make it better for some!

no one has that macally bookstand in stock. doesnt ship for a couple weeks still. that sucks. I hate waiting. im paranoid about not having a case right now.

seems like all the decent cases arent available yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts