What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

think about buy case for ipad 2?

DJP1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey everyone,

my top 2 cases i want to get case for ipad 2. there few cases i likes... and top 2 my prefer case

my "was" first choice:
otter defender case - best protection in ipad 1 and most people say it is best case and heavy... i think about buy this version of ipad 2.... (no ipad 2 version pic out yet)

my "now" first choice:
speck pixelskin hd - smart cover + all body cover protection and lightweight, my first sight on it, was very impression with it style and combo with smart cover. it what make me want it rather otter defender case... (there go pic)

http://www.speckproducts.com/pixelskin-hd-wrap-ipad-case-black.html

any you recommend me other case.... or any you been felt it and used it please tell me what you think of it..

thanks.....

Last edited:

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the pixelskin hd as well. I don't think the cover part of it works like a smart cover though. There are no magnets in it and I don't think it can auto-wake or auto-sleep the ipad.

Still looks like a pretty nice case. Hopefully gets released soon.

OP
D

DJP1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Swingman said:
I like the pixelskin hd as well. I don't think the cover part of it works like a smart cover though. There are no magnets in it and I don't think it can auto-wake or auto-sleep the ipad.

Still looks like a pretty nice case. Hopefully gets released soon.

Yeh hope soon released as can, I not sure if it auto sleep and wake, as I think they build smart cover by same company as pixel skin hd - correction me if me errors thanks

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think if it had smart cover capability then they'd be bragging about it on the feature list.

Only way to know for sure is to ask speck directly or wait til people start receiving them. It's not of the utmost importance for me so it won't effect my decision unless it is a tiebreaker between 2 cases I like equally.

OP
D

DJP1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Swingman said:
I would think if it had smart cover capability then they'd be bragging about it on the feature list.

Only way to know for sure is to ask speck directly or wait til people start receiving them. It's not of the utmost importance for me so it won't effect my decision unless it is a tiebreaker between 2 cases I like equally.

Yeh it is better if wait both case coming out then I will make decision which case are me go for.

oscarrod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the time being, I got a black gel case off eBay. It was 9.99 shipped and it's pretty good, comparable to the GripVue for the ipad 1. I suggest some people check out eBay for some low cost options while waiting for the higher end stuff.

beatleslove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer the second one, really smart design, but a little expensive as it's made of TPU.

eltaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here both to this forum and to iPad. Glad I waited to get the iPad 2 lol.

Anyways, i'm using the Targus case for my iPad 2. I'm also eyeing the Zagg one with the keyboard. But this one is very functional in that you can use the iPad in both sideways and upright mode.
I would post a link but since this is my first post/reply I can't yet. Just search for Targus iPad 2 case.

Most reactions