What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The whole "it's a giant iPod Touch" thing....

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had this said to me many times, my response after a while now goes along the lines of "I got tired of burning my excessive cash, so I though I would just buy bigger toys"...shuts them up pretty quick.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Next logical step would be the iTable! iPod/iPhone size is perfect on the go, iPad size is perfect for personal computing around the house or at the coffee shop, and the iTable, a giant 27 inches iPad would be perfect for gathering the family and friends in the living room or the kitchen...

The first reaction we all had was "Why bigger?". It's not only bigger, it's more functional! Browsing the web, reading stuff, even playing games is more attractive on an iPad display than the small size iPod/iPhone display.

The only looser since I got my iPad is not my iPhone, but my PC... Why should I wait for booting time, stuck at the desk, to enjoy my virtual life and friends ;)

VicoPad addict!

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
Next logical step would be the iTable! iPod/iPhone size is perfect on the go, iPad size is perfect for personal computing around the house or at the coffee shop, and the iTable, a giant 27 inches iPad would be perfect for gathering the family and friends in the living room or the kitchen...

VicoPad addict!

You should patent the iTable idea or I will...excellent.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DrHouse said:

VicoPad addict!

You should patent the iTable idea or I will...excellent.

I have one. It doubles as a work table. I can access maps without relying upon 3G or WiFi; my entire library of books is at hand, I can play my entire library of LPs and 8-Tracks, and I can write and send letters all from my iTable. You youngsters call it email, I think. Bah Humbug.

It is big enough to seat ten people and if someone spills the turtle soup during lunch, I can clean it.

And I do not worry about battery life or screen brightness (I simply turn up the oil lamp) or monthly bills, just a new coat of varnish every decade. I can also run Mac, Windows, SunOS, and NeXTStep, too.

I will sue, if Apple tries to steal my idea, Dag Nabbit.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent. You clearly are the iTable king.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Seriously, I think there are people working on a table as you describe. Microsoft, perhaps. Or quite likely, a hundred other companies.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
Seriously, I think there are people working on a table as you describe. Microsoft, perhaps. Or quite likely, a hundred other companies.

M and her team had one in the last James Bond movie.

A giant iPad would be great for this.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:

Microsoft already has that idea, except that it's not so innovative yet and remains unsuccessful.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
Microsoft already has that idea, except that it's not so innovative yet and remains unsuccessful.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Please display an image if you have one....would love to see one.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I saw photos of a prototype--I wanna say by Toshiba, but definitely one of the Japanese makers--of a 27" "Tablet PC" with magnet mounts. The pictures had it suspended from a wall, TV stand...even from a stainless steel fridge. With the death of the small to mid size TV, this could become an interesting appliance.

As for the original poster:

If I told you looked like a very large Angelina Jolie, you'd probably be slighted. (of course, she is really skinny...). "It's a really big iPod" is a slight because something bigger should be more powerful. 18" laptops tend to be beasts in comparison to my 10.1" netbook. Are they (ipod and ipad) the same clock speed?

At any rate, it's obvious the bigger screen is good for movies and Internet browsing. My iPod is an iPod classic with the tiny "two postage stamps" sized screen. If it was the full screen iPod touch, i'd have a harder time justifying the purchase of my iPad!

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZrr7AZ9nCY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

This is the real one

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxk_WywMTzc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I would buy one.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF App

OP
Wreybies

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Parody video = Frakking hilarious! :D

....... because it's a little truer than comfort would care for...... :eek:

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obscura Digital has something like it. [ame=http://vimeo.com/11755542]mFrame on Vimeo[/ame]
They also have THE coolest pool table going. [ame=http://vimeo.com/8322356]Cuelight on Vimeo[/ame]

OP
Wreybies

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As for the original poster:

If I told you looked like a very large Angelina Jolie, you'd probably be slighted. (of course, she is really skinny...). "It's a really big iPod" is a slight because something bigger should be more powerful. 18" laptops tend to be beasts in comparison to my 10.1" netbook. Are they (ipod and ipad) the same clock speed?

At any rate, it's obvious the bigger screen is good for movies and Internet browsing. My iPod is an iPod classic with the tiny "two postage stamps" sized screen. If it was the full screen iPod touch, i'd have a harder time justifying the purchase of my iPad!

Ok, this is a line of reasoning that I can at least agree is valid. I know that upon reading many reviews of the device prior to purchase, many of which were from significantly more tech-savvy individuals than myself, I know that the expectation was quite high, given the price tag.

So, yeah... ok. I can see it. But I am not the super tech-savvy consumer and to me the little (big?) bugger is still magic. ;):D

Lusid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They have it backwards.

The iPod touch should be rebranded the iPad Nano.

Long live the iPad Nano.

Most reactions

Latest posts