What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The whole "it's a giant iPod Touch" thing....

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, humor me for a second, but I don't get how that whole line of argument is a negative slur. It's like being told, "Crikey! You look just like Angelina Jolie only much prettier!" as the person making the declaration sniggers childishly behind an upheld hand while pointing rudely at the accused with the other hand.

I mean, seriously, how is that derisive? I just don't get it. The logic doesn't parse.

'Splain me, Lucy! :confused:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd rather have a giant iPod than a small iPod, any day! Better for my old eyes!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fanboys only say it to get a rise out of us! You have to get a supply of put downs ready.

I'm sure you guys can come up with a few!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wreybies said:
So, humor me for a second, but I don't get how that whole line of argument is a negative slur. It's like being told, "Crikey! You look just like Angelina Jolie only much prettier!" as the person making the declaration sniggers childishly behind an upheld hand while pointing rudely at the accused with the other hand.

I mean, seriously, how is that derisive? I just don't get it. The logic doesn't parse.

This is a question that needed to be asked.

Last edited:

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if a hater does ask the stupid question, just say "I like the iPod Touch, so I definitely love a bigger version". ;) Or, use the Angelina Jolie expression. Or take it further if the asker loves Android: "You like the Samsung Galaxy S, and you like the Galaxy Tab. How is that different from iPod Touches and iPads?" Haha, see their reaction.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure about the comparisons.

My iiPad can display pictures, play music, and connect to the net with WiFi. I can install games and other applications, play video, use headphones, spend cash on cool cases, use a stylus, and it is thin; made of metal and glass. And it fits into my briefcase.

Lets see any old iPod do that!

No wait . . . my God, not only do I own a giant iPod, but I also own a tiny iPad.

Bob

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure about the comparisons.

My iiPad can display pictures, play music, and connect to the net with WiFi. I can install games and other applications, play video, use headphones, spend cash on cool cases, use a stylus, and it is thin; made of metal and glass. And it fits into my briefcase.

Lets see any old iPod do that!

No wait . . . my God, not only do I own a giant iPod, but I also own a tiny iPad.

Bob

lol!

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wreybies said:

When I got my iPod touch I used wish it was larger because I hated typing emails on it. Then came the iPad. Wish granted.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In 2000 Bill Gates announced the Tablet and thought it would replace the laptop. Apple was listening and was designing one a well functioning on screen keyboard. Then it ended up so good that Steve Jobs decided that they should make the iPhone. So the iPad was kept in the shelf until 2009/2010. This is what Steve Jobs stated in a interview.

EDIT: so in other words, the iPad isn't the iPod Giga, the iPod Touch is a iPad Nano.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

cocorivers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually have been using my ipad more than my macbook recently... I feel like I've almost abandoned it, poor thing! ;o; However, that may just be me in the new-toy phase.
I find it far easier to write notes and draw on an iPad than on its smaller relatives.
The bigness is useful!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts