What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Temporarily Pulled Due to Overwhelming Demand

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]MacRumors reports that EA Mobile has had to pull its new Simpsons iOS game, Tapped Out, from the App Store temporarily simply because the free game was proving to be so popular that the massive demand on the servers basically meant that the game kept crashing or just wouldn’t work. Doh! Not to worry if you’re one of those who already downloaded the game before it was pulled, however, as it will still be playable for those who already have it. According to MacRumors, The Simpsons: Tapped Out is a mixture of The Sims and Tiny Tower in terms of gameplay, and features the same writers and voices from the TV series. In the game, the player must rebuild Springfield after it has been decimated by a nuclear explosion accidentally caused by Homer. Players earn donuts by undertaking quests, which they can then use to unlock more familiar characters from The Simpsons. If you want to speed up your progress, you can also buy more donuts as an in-app purchase. No wonder it proved popular, let’s hope that EA Mobile gets the game up and running again soon![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Keep checking EA Mobile’s Facebook page to find out when the game goes back up in the App Store: https://www.facebook.com/TheSimpsonsTappedOut[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: EA Pulls Hugely Popular New Simpsons Game Over Server Capacity Issues - Mac Rumors[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

LLS207

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:

Just wrote a review on the server problem and deleted app.
Six hours later I read your post...
Thanks for the info anyway.

LLS207
Portland, OR.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

BioHazard1971

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had it for a long time. I'm very close to having all of the available buildings/characters, and now the game won't let me in any more. It keeps coming up with the server unavailable message, and what really sucks is that this is the only free game I've ever found it worth it to spend real money on, which I did spend a considerable amount for some characters and other add-ons.
Is anyone else having trouble getting on the game? Has EA just taken our money and run, abandoned the game? Tapped Out was the only game I played on a multiple time daily basis. LET US KNOW SOMETHING EA!?!?!?!!!!!!!

birdie76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When is the Simpsons tapped out coming back please let me know.. I really want to Download it thank you... :)

birdie76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone the Simpsons tapped out is back in the app store yay....

Most reactions

Latest posts