What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Space for iPad Out Same Day Dead Space 2 Hits Consoles

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
dead-space-2.png

The fact that the iPad and iPhone versions of Dead Space have been released today to coincide with the release of the long-awaited Dead Space 2 on the major consoles shows exactly how much importance companies such as EA now place on the iPad and iPhone as a gaming platform. The iPad Dead Space game features an all-new Dead Space story that is designed specifically to set the stage for the action-horror storyline of the console game sequel. Working closely with Visceral Games, EA Mobile development studio IronMonkey Studios created a unique gameplay experience for iOS gamers. Featuring a fully voice-acted stereo soundtrack, plus orchestrated score and sound effects, players can hear every footstep in the dark, empty passages and feel the tension build as they are pulled deeper into danger at every turn. Coupled with cutting-edge visuals that are rich in effects and atmospheric lighting, Dead Space reproduces the cinematic horror of the console experience and sets a new benchmark for graphical fidelity on the iOS platform.

The game has only been out today, and yet already it’s got nothing but 5-star reviews in the App Store, so it looks like Dead Space may well be the first of this year’s classic iPad games.

Click here to download Dead Space for iPad for $9.99/£5.99: Dead Space? for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: EA

Chris F

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a Video from the Lead designer

I had a look at this game on the iPad at xmas that's my son Jarrad and although I am not a gamer it was awesome especially with headphones :);)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get this Game IMMEDIATELY. I just stopped at chapter 3. Man, this game almost made me sh$& on myself..lmfao. I love this game n these types of games. Action/Horror game. Definitely not for the faint hearted. Graphics are the best ive seen yet. Its equal to Infinity Blade, even better in some instances because its free roaming. PLAY WITH HEADPHONES ON FOR ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE! Every crazy noise makes u jump. I love it. This reminds me of when i had Doom back in the day. The scary music, scary looking stages, and the Enemies are CRAZYYYYY! My girl heard me yelling whole playing this and i literally was scared like crazyy on some parts. Made me jump n shake like crazy while sitting down on the couch. Im a horror movie buff n i dont easily scare. This game is like playing or living in a real life Hellraiser. I had to stop playing..lmao. I was makin to much noise n dont want to wake my 4 month old daughter up from my yelling from scary moments in game.
The ipad has done it. I dont even need an xbox or ps3. I have soo many great games on my ipad for a fraction of the cost of xbox n 360 games. This game on ipad easily compares to the best ps3 or xbox game. The difference is playing on the ipad, its a lot more personal. Since u have the screen up to ur face, its a wayyy more intimate experience like u in the game in a sense.
Whoever has made it to the end of chapter 2 cant tell me that that part in the room where u have to escape didnt scare the sh$t outta u..plus this game messes with ur head. The character in the game has horrific delusions that come n go. Its like u in a living hell. Man, i had to post how great this game is so far. I got it as soon as i read the article that it was released already.
GET THIS GaME NOW..its worth more thn the $9.99 price tag. Let me know what yall think about it.

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Get this Game IMMEDIATELY. I just stopped at chapter 3. Man, this game almost made me sh$& on myself..lmfao. I love this game n these types of games. Action/Horror game. Definitely not for the faint hearted. Graphics are the best ive seen yet. Its equal to Infinity Blade, even better in some instances because its free roaming. PLAY WITH HEADPHONES ON FOR ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE! Every crazy noise makes u jump. I love it. This reminds me of when i had Doom back in the day. The scary music, scary looking stages, and the Enemies are CRAZYYYYY! My girl heard me yelling whole playing this and i literally was scared like crazyy on some parts. Made me jump n shake like crazy while sitting down on the couch. Im a horror movie buff n i dont easily scare. This game is like playing or living in a real life Hellraiser. I had to stop playing..lmao. I was makin to much noise n dont want to wake my 4 month old daughter up from my yelling from scary moments in game.
The ipad has done it. I dont even need an xbox or ps3. I have soo many great games on my ipad for a fraction of the cost of xbox n 360 games. This game on ipad easily compares to the best ps3 or xbox game. The difference is playing on the ipad, its a lot more personal. Since u have the screen up to ur face, its a wayyy more intimate experience like u in the game in a sense.
Whoever has made it to the end of chapter 2 cant tell me that that part in the room where u have to escape didnt scare the sh$t outta u..plus this game messes with ur head. The character in the game has horrific delusions that come n go. Its like u in a living hell. Man, i had to post how great this game is so far. I got it as soon as i read the article that it was released already.
GET THIS GaME NOW..its worth more thn the $9.99 price tag. Let me know what yall think about it.

Thanks for the amazing review! From what I'm hearing everywhere today, this is a huge step forward in iOS gaming, especially when you've got even the hardcore gamers totally loving the game on iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts