What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The pad that lost the eye

Mysticalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im Xavier here in Miami attempting to jump through all the iPad Pro limitations. Im at a loss to understand why consumers beg for more and more restrictions on their expensive devices. Apart from that I am enjoying recording music on it. As a writer I’ve found the Hanx writer app invaluable.

Happy new year all

OP
Mysticalpad

Mysticalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes....restrictions..such as..
1) downloaded material not easily found or difficult to access
2) you have to throw it in a cloud storage (WTF)
3) you need itunes(on another pc or Mac) to work with the iPad music app.
4)everything needs to be purchased.....music apps etc....it’s one huge consumer device

The only bright side is GarageBand and Hanx writer....jus being honest..
I think the reasoning behind the Apple hype is due to the branding and pricing ..consumers really do want restrictions.....
As a musician it’s great but that’s abut it....Android PC those I have complete control.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Other platforms charge for music and apps as well. Apple Music doesn't need iTunes installed on a computer to work, although you do need it to stream music from your computer to the music app on your iPad. Cloud storage is also available on Android devices and PCs.

OP
Mysticalpad

Mysticalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost forgot.....iPad restrictions to download size of app...anything over 150MB can only be downloaded via wifi(even though I have unlimited cellular data). The fix....change date to future date...download then redact the date back. WHYÂż

This occurred with garageband(a great app btw)....

In any case the iPad Pro is great....but let’s be honest..
There are more limitations here.....

OP
Mysticalpad

Mysticalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Additionally I read the forum rules...all crystal clear thanx

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Easier than changing
Almost forgot.....iPad restrictions to download size of app...anything over 150MB can only be downloaded via wifi(even though I have unlimited cellular data). The fix....change date to future date...download then redact the date back. WHYÂż

Easier than changing the date, you can use your phone’s hotspot. If they are on the same plan, anyway.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

This occurred with garageband(a great app btw)....

In any case the iPad Pro is great....but let’s be honest..
There are more limitations here.....
Not everybody has unlimited data. This restriction is in place to avoid the possibility of excessive data charges. Additionally; iOS updates can only be done over WiFi, no matter how small the update size.

OP
Mysticalpad

Mysticalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Easier than changing

Easier than changing the date, you can use your phone’s hotspot. If they are on the same plan, anyway.

Tried that...does not work...most likely due to the latest update. I finally switched my unlimited plan back to my Samsung S9 plus and a basic to the iPad. Better control . The iPad is a definitive WiFi device. Having a cellular unlimited plan on it is like a dog having as much use for a fork and knife.

Most reactions

Latest posts