What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes,very sturdy once you have the devices in the dock. The iPad is a bit tricky to get seated properly. The unit comes with easy snap in adapters for all iPhones and iPods. So it could charge any combination of two devices. The front is the 5w and the back the 10w. There are charging lights for both slots and the power brick has a slip off 120v plug which converts to voltage for UK / Euro.

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

So you don't use a case to protect your iPad? A lot of reviewers on Amazon claim that this device is not useable if you have your iPad in case.

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
So you don't use a case to protect your iPad? A lot of reviewers on Amazon claim that this device is not useable if you have your iPad in case.

I have a Zagg protector skin on the back and use the magic cover on the front. When I transport my iPad, I slip the whole thing into my Targus leather portfolio. So when the iPad is in the charger, it just has the magic cover on it.

040a95ff.jpg

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see. I used a similar setup for my iPad 2. My SC started coming apart so I quit using it. I do keep a skin on the back of my iPad 3.

JoeyBagOfDonuts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am looking to purchase a wireless controller for the new iPad, but haven't had much luck. I don't want the suction cup joystick or the Fling joystick, because I have them and they don't work. Any ideas where I can purchase one? Many thanks,

JBoD

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure. Been wondering the samething as well. I know with android I was able to connect any bt controller... Anyone got some info, feel free to chime in :)

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered this new Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover. I already have an Apple wireless keyboard but this unit looks so thin and convenient with its magnetic lock and folding clamshell design, I just had to have it. Here is a CNET review of the unit and here is the Logitech product page. I had to pre-order it as it is not on the market yet. There was no indication of shipping date. As soon as it arrives I'll to a short review.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
drathbun said:
I just ordered this new Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover. I already have an Apple wireless keyboard but this unit looks so thin and convenient with its magnetic lock and folding clamshell design, I just had to have it. Here is a CNET review of the unit and here is the Logitech product page. I had to pre-order it as it is not on the market yet. There was no indication of shipping date. As soon as it arrives I'll to a short review.

Ok.....I'm glad somebody else took the plunge....I've been fighting back the urge...I have so many options for writing that I'm not even sure I would use it if it didn't provide a good fit while protecting the iPad too. Also, from time to time Logitech will have a really good sale where you can get one item at like 50% off...it will probably be a while before this new keyboard shows up in one of them, but I like getting a deal now and then. Can't wait for your review.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks nice drathburn. Definitely let us know! I'm curious how much flex that keyboard will have

Added Caseen cases. Will be adding the rest later. Been busy with school and other things. Got a whole bunch of stuff to add next weekend when I move back home.

If you're a vendor and I missed your products please pm me and let me know.

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anything is better than the little wireless bluetooth Apple keyboard. I just can't get my fingers around this thing. I like the idea that the whole thing will slip into my leather Targus portfolio.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drathbun said:
Anything is better than the little wireless bluetooth Apple keyboard. I just can't get my fingers around this thing. I like the idea that the whole thing will slip into my leather Targus portfolio.

I love my apple keyboard. It sleek, sleeps, and runs long on batteries. I use cheapest batteries available and I have only gone thru 2 pair in a year with fairly frequent use.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
drathbun said:

I recently got lucky and now have a 13-inch MacBook Air. It weighs just under 3 lbs. Now I wonder about the logic of adding a nice keyboard cover to the iPad 3. The only thing is the resolution of the new iPad just makes all other screens suck in comparison.

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I recently got lucky and now have a 13-inch MacBook Air. It weighs just under 3 lbs. Now I wonder about the logic of adding a nice keyboard cover to the iPad 3. The only thing is the resolution of the new iPad just makes all other screens suck in comparison.

Yeah, I hear ya about the resolution. I purchased a 15" MacBook Pro with max specs and a hi res display, and my new iPad puts it to shame when viewed side by side. Oh how that little device spoils us!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone seen the iPad touch type case on Kickstarter.
The Touchtype is a new Kickstarter project that aims to be the ultimate case for iPad typists. Like the Incase Origami Workstation, the Touchtype conveniently holds an Apple wireless keyboard and iPad inside a thin design.

Apple’s Bluetooth keyboard can be stored underneath the iPad, and the case itself props up any iPad model to let you type. With support for all of Apple’s tablets and a sleek, utilitarian design, the Touchtype looks like an awesome accessory for those who still want to use a physical keyboard with the iPad.

It would be great for my new iPad and Apple wireless keyboard. Great idea. Let's hope it gets the backing!

http://www.cultofmac.com/165699/tou...pple-wireless-keyboard-for-typists-on-the-go/

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the idea of a case like that, I just think it needs some more tweaking. I'm not a fan of the elastic bands that hold the iPad. I'm also not a fan of the cover clip on the back. I had the apple branded case for the 1st gen. iPad and the clip on the back kinda wore out over time. I'll keep an eye out for a refined type of case. Too bad apple doesn't make a case like this, I'm sure it would look much better.

dchristo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fired up a Slingbox Solo and downloaded the app to my Ipad3. It really works like a charm. Setup isn't a slamdunk, but I had a techie friend helping. Now I can tune my 'pad into my home cable box/DVR wherever I can get wifi or 3/4G, whether at the breakfast table or across the USA. I highly recommend this unit as a practical iPad accessory.

Most reactions

Latest posts