What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a dual iPad/iPhone charging dock/stand that people have or have seen? I don't need a speaker stand, just a place where one could store both iPhone4 and iPad3 for charging or when not in use on the desk would be great. The only one I've seen online so far is the Griffin Powerdock Dual.

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Due to character limitation in a single post - 50,000 characters, I had to split up the list into two posts. All misc items are in the second post.

Will be adding more stuff later tonight since I'm not character locked now.

Keep the accessories coming! Everything is game to get onto the list!

MarbellaSD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I finally found this thread again to report back to you on the Roocase Dual-view multi-angle leather folio case that I ordered from Amazon. It got here quicker then I expected. I ordered it in magenta & it's a a beautiful deep fusha pinkish color. (not little girl/babish pink) It's great. It automatically wakes & puts the IPAD to sleep. The part that the IPAD goes into detaches from the stand part so you don't have to hold the whole entire cover if you don't want to. You can use it in landscape or port. It has a heavy velcro that attaches it so you can put it in either mode. It's a very nice leather. When propped up it stands in place nicely...maybe not super steady if someone was bouncing around on the table on the couch that it was setting on though. It might slip on down, but it feels safe in it's cover. For me this isn't a problem 'cause it's just me & hubby w/ no kids around & maybe none of them are super secure when they are propped up. It's really a great cover & I'm glad I got it!
<br><br>

How is it when you want to type using the onscreen keypad? A video review I saw comented that the "lowest" angle was not great for typing....

So hard to choose a case! The Roocase Multi-angle also looks good; I hardly use my original iPad in portrait mode so I don't know that I need the dual angle.

Thanks in advance for letting me know.

Last edited:
OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wish I can help, but mikeswife is going to have to answer that

Trying to find out more companies who I put that didn't have any cases for the 3; actually do or not now. Poetic doesn't seem to update their website since there is an abundance of their cases on amazon.

Started adding some of the more popular/most-rated-cases from Poetic. I will tackle the rest later.

Also added logitech's Bluetooth keyboard. A couple other screen protectors I need to add on as well. Other misc stuff.

Last edited:

Smok1n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
~ Snap Shield - $29 from Belkin

I bought one of these for my iPad 2 and used it for a couple months, worked great. I installed it on my iPad 3 and it seemed a little tight, but snapped on. After about 24 hours it developed stress fractures at two of the corners. Three or four days later one of the corners snapped right off. Now, the cover seems to have stopped cracking - I guess since there's no longer so much stress on it. It still stays secure on the iPad, but that one corner is now unprotected.

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
exile said:
Just searching around amazon

xtreme mac dual charger - $40 it seems like a good product from the reviews. But there are some questionable bad reviews

There's one by griffin and ihome. But the reviews were sort of meh... I searched, ipad dual charger

I just purchased the XtremeMac Dual Charger. Works like a charm.

DSCF2647.jpg

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
exile said:
Oh nice! Looks like a solid dock :)

Yes,very sturdy once you have the devices in the dock. The iPad is a bit tricky to get seated properly. The unit comes with easy snap in adapters for all iPhones and iPods. So it could charge any combination of two devices. The front is the 5w and the back the 10w. There are charging lights for both slots and the power brick has a slip off 120v plug which converts to voltage for UK / Euro.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds perfect for your needs. Glad it worked out! I would buy one.. buy I don't have an iPhone.

Edited some items. Links weren't redirecting properly.

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes,very sturdy once you have the devices in the dock. The iPad is a bit tricky to get seated properly. The unit comes with easy snap in adapters for all iPhones and iPods. So it could charge any combination of two devices. The front is the 5w and the back the 10w. There are charging lights for both slots and the power brick has a slip off 120v plug which converts to voltage for UK / Euro.

Where can I find this dock?

Most reactions

Latest posts