What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to share this really cool accessory. It is called the swipe by sidekick. It is a screen cleaning device that uses carbon black as the cleaning agent. Apparently the carbon black absorbs all the oils from your fingertips. It works like a charm. It is in a small black case you pull it out to retract the cleaning pad. Then just rub the cleaning pad on the screen, and the screen is cleaned magically. Apparently the swipe has over 150 uses before you have to replace the pad.
f7f908b2.jpg

a2664cdc.jpg

1ac86e24.jpg

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
exile said:
Nice, looks just like an apple one. What do you not like about it?

It seems cheap. The metal part with the magnet is exactly the same and the wake feature works. Remember that comparing to the leather version. I guess I got spoiled, but maybe this knock is just cheap.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Drathburn, thanks for the share. Do you have a link to the product? I'm searching around and I'm not finding anything

Aq_oc, no comment =/ that's the problems with clones. Some people like/want them for budget reasons.. can't go wrong with the original product though.

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
exile said:
Drathburn, thanks for the share. Do you have a link to the product? I'm searching around and I'm not finding anything

Aq_oc, no comment =/ that's the problems with clones. Some people like/want them for budget reasons.. can't go wrong with the original product though.

No, unfortunately all I have is this link to a video. I purchased mine at the Canadian retailer call future shop. I don't know where it is available in United States.

http://ismashphone.com/2011/01/lens...-vanishes-fingerprints-in-a-single-swipe.html

Oops. Spoke too soon! I found it at "LensPen".

http://www.lenspen.com

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

Last edited:

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@exile and others

I wanted a quick suggestion out of the Cimo TPU case and TPU HyperShield which one should I go for as a back cover which one is more light in weight and does not add to the weight of the iPad I am gonna use it with the smart cover from Apple. Are both of those Plastic or Polyurethane ? is any of those Leather? Need to order it today anyhow. Quick response will be highly appreciated.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry was playing zombie contract killer on the 3 and didn't hear my phone go off. With all the good reviews about the Cimo, I would go with them.

Do I personally own a Cimo TPU for my 3? No. But I do have a TPU case on my 3vo and it is pretty awesome. So I can only presume the same awesomeness for the 3 as well.

I never heard of the the hypershield until you mentioned it. I just looked at their site. I'll have to add those items tomorrow... Today.

If i was in your shoes, I would go with Cimo.

Edit-
Plastic or polyurethane ... For what? The cases? TPU is thermoplastic polyurethane. So it is a plastic... But polyurethane ... Lol. Its not a hard plastic like a belkin snap shield. Flexible like gel but keeps its form and never loses shape over time.

Last edited:

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry was playing zombie contract killer on the 3 and didn't hear my phone go off. With all the good reviews about the Cimo, I would go with them.

Do I personally own a Cimo TPU for my 3? No. But I do have a TPU case on my 3vo and it is pretty awesome. So I can only presume the same awesomeness for the 3 as well.

I never heard of the the hypershield until you mentioned it. I just looked at their site. I'll have to add those items tomorrow... Today.

If i was in your shoes, I would go with Cimo.

Edit-
Plastic or polyurethane ... For what? The cases? TPU is thermoplastic polyurethane. So it is a plastic... But polyurethane ... Lol. Its not a hard plastic like a belkin snap shield. Flexible like gel but keeps its form and never loses shape over time.

So according to you both of this should be anytime better than the Belkin Snapshield ? is that what you are saying ?

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have the belkin on mine and I have no complaints. But for a TPU case less than $15.. its a pretty good deal. Plus the quality of TPU in general is very durable. It is pretty much trouble free... Unless if you take scissors and cut it... For some strange reason which I have no clue.

I was looking at the hypershield some more. I guess go with hypershield if you want more of a color selection. Cimo has some color selection but not as much as hypershield does. They're both identical to be honest.

Edit-
I didn't really answer your question.. lol. Is it better? ........ Hard to say. This is from my perspective. If I didn't buy the belkin, I would have bought the Cimo hands down.

I'm saying it's hard to say because, "in my opinion" I think they're both equally good.

Price-wise though... $34...29...20 for the belkin depending which gen.model and where you get it.. to $10..15 for the TPU... ... TPU good quality. Belkin is prone to cracking if you have an older gen snap shield.

You're not doing an impulse buy here are you? There's a lot of cases out there..... I would hate for you to rush in for a purchase because of my recommendation and end up not really liking the case. But if you got your mind set on TPU, go for it! :) stop contemplating and just submit the order already. Kidding.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My favorite case: The Skinny 3 for the new iPad (or the Garrison by Bodyguardz). Good protection, light, it has this strap that locks the stand, great typing angle, and stable stand in the vertical position. Proper cut outs. You've got to go to skinny if you want a color other than black. The material may be different too.

http://www.stmbags.com/catalog/ipad-cases/skinny3-ipad3rdgen/

This is the Bodyguardz version.

Attachments

• image-1960520099.jpg
    image-1960520099.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 355
  • image-751569930.jpg
    image-751569930.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 282
  • image-116185353.jpg
    image-116185353.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 297
  • image-3287053683.jpg
    image-3287053683.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 356
  • image-465451765.jpg
    image-465451765.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 442

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I have the belkin on mine and I have no complaints. But for a TPU case less than $15.. its a pretty good deal. Plus the quality of TPU in general is very durable. It is pretty much trouble free... Unless if you take scissors and cut it... For some strange reason which I have no clue.

I was looking at the hypershield some more. I guess go with hypershield if you want more of a color selection. Cimo has some color selection but not as much as hypershield does. They're both identical to be honest.

Edit-
I didn't really answer your question.. lol. Is it better? ........ Hard to say. This is from my perspective. If I didn't buy the belkin, I would have bought the Cimo hands down.

I'm saying it's hard to say because, "in my opinion" I think they're both equally good.

Price-wise though... $34...29...20 for the belkin depending which gen.model and where you get it.. to $10..15 for the TPU... ... TPU good quality. Belkin is prone to cracking if you have an older gen snap shield.

You're not doing an impulse buy here are you? There's a lot of cases out there..... I would hate for you to rush in for a purchase because of my recommendation and end up not really liking the case. But if you got your mind set on TPU, go for it! :) stop contemplating and just submit the order already. Kidding.

Yes even I have liked the TPU HyperShield tha the CIMO and I am also keen on buying that only, looks neat to me. I am kind of confused between should I go with the Cream Smart Cover and a Black Back Cover if I have the Black iPad but cream is more prone to get dirty though I feel the combination will be lethal :) Cream Smart Cover and Black Back cover or do I go for a Dark Blue (Leather) and a Greyish Back Cover I am so bloody confused :p so lets see...

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blue leather and blue back for me. But.. knowing my cheapness I didn't get a blue leather. So I got gray polyurethane. Blue back if I switched to Cimo. Which I am tempted to do...

Feeling too cheap to buy a blue belkin smart shield secure when it comes out. Color combo is up to, sleep on it before you order :D

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Added, Other Ipad Accessories - misc, for all misc items. LensPen Sidekick ipad cleaner was added. Thanks Drathburn!

Got to look around and find some more other good screen cleaners now.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
moved Apple TV to misc.

Added more cleaning products from: apex, klear, moshi, schatzii, targus

Edit-
Gave screen cleaner products its own section. Added apple mini and full-size Bluetooth keyboard, and amazonbasic's Bluetooth keyboard.

Want to add more things... Problems.. got to talk to mods..

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts