What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was my original set up I wanted to do. I couldn't find anything either

The length of the 3 is 9.5in and the length of the apple bt keyboard is just about 11in. The Amazon basic is a tad smaller. Not that much of a difference though.

At that length.. the case is going to be pretty big if you want to house both. I couldn't find anything. The only thing I could really think of using is; finding a zippered business portfolio. Put Velcro inside and on the keyboard for attachment.

Then have the ipad resting in there. But since the length is longer, the ipad will be shifting/moving around upon transport.

Going through all that work... Might as well get like a belkin keyboard folio... Aida... Or Adonit.

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I have the perfect solution for me anyway.. I bought a Saddleback leather satchel. I put my iPad in the magic cover, inside of the Targus leather portfolio. Then the whole thing along with the BT keyboard fits inside the satchel. It all fits rather neatly I think, and I have room for books, pens, and my iPhone and reading glasses too.

Another nice feature of the Saddleback leather satchel is that you can hook it up with an extra shoulder pad and it becomes a backpack.

040a95ff.jpg

cf592fde.jpg

93cb73e5.jpg

442b837c.jpg

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

Last edited:

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lunar said:
Well.. the new Yoobao Excecutive Leather Folio case I ordered yesterday morning from a seller on Ebay arrived today, and what a superb case it is.

The Yoobao case is proper soft genuine leather, infact they even supply a small leather sample in the box, it smells the real thing too. I've already bought a few folio case both for our iPad 1 and 2 so far for my new iPad 3, so what makes this case dfferent from the others.

Well the quality of the leather and stitching is very good quality indeed, I like folio type cases because they tend to give decent protection, but they can be a little bulky, I have a couple of Belkin cases like that. This case does not add much bulk to the iPad 3 at all, I also like the fact the front and back are stitched right along the edge all the way round which serves as a buffer in the event the iPad ever got dropped. Therefore the whole of the iPad is covered except for the area where the access cutouts are, meaning all of iPads vulerable edge is covered completely. The cutouts are accurately done too, with all of them smack on in the right places.. the actual back has been slightly stretched during it's manufacture so the case follows the iPads contours perfectly.

There are a few Ebay sellers still selling the iPad 2 version of this case, so beware, and make sure if you want this case to work with the iPad 3, that the seller is indeed selling the latest iPad 3 version. The seller I ordered off confirmed it was the lastest version, as he stated in his listing, and I can confirm that the auto sleep function works every time.. no probs at all. Price BTW was £29.99 inc free 1st class delivery. I received mine next day.

The stand when the case is folded is pretty stable too, so the fact it's well made, good quality real leather, which offers good protection without adding much bulk really ticks all the boxes for me. So much so, I'm going to see if they do one similiar for my wifes iPad 1.

So as you may have gathered.. for once..I'm actually very pleased with a purchase from Ebay, though I believe these cases are sold at retail outlets too.
Pics below don't do the case justice...

I just got mine in the mail today. I ordered it after reading your post. I love it!!!!! Thanks so much :)

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skebo5150 said:
I am specifically looking for a case that is designed to hold the new iPad as well as the Apple Bluetooth keyboard. I have found plenty of cases for each, individual, but only one that housed both. That case was made by i.something or other and was about $30 and had poor reviews. I am willing to pay a bit more for a good and proper case. Any tips or guidance?

I was looking around and Boxwave has a portable bt keyboard.
link to Boxwave bt keyboard
The dimensions is smaller than an ipad. But it is small enough that you can fit it in a portfolio.

I searchined around on eBay and there is a zippered portfolio you can use; actually for the apple keyboard too. So if you have one already, the dimensions works out.

link to eBay listing for portfolio

So where the notepad is, you can put some Velcro there for the keyboard. Then just stick the ipad in the pocket on the other side. I'm guessing those pockets should be deep enough to sit an ipad.

Hope this helps

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered a purple plastic smart cover off ebay. Price was $12.50 shipped. I got it today. It says in the inside, "Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China" It wake/sleep works. Should I assume this is the same one Apple sells for $40? I've never actually send one up close.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably a Chinese clone. Anybody can put that saying. Designed by apple in California assembled in china.

Added Marware cases.

Then something got screwed up and lost all the spacing in the first post.. Trying to reorganize everything, sorry!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I ordered a purple plastic smart cover off ebay. Price was $12.50 shipped. I got it today. It says in the inside, "Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China" It wake/sleep works. Should I assume this is the same one Apple sells for $40? I've never actually send one up close.

Can you show me a photo of your cover AQ? I'd love a purple cover for my new iPad.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here are some quick shots:

12f2213d.jpg

48e08cd9.jpg

200f5098.jpg

ad30c208.jpg

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Purple eBay Smart Case -- I really am not too fond of it. If this is what Apple's case is like, then $40 is 10X too much. I paid $12.50 for the one above...not really happy. The leather one from Apple is much better, even though it too is overpriced.

I'm picky about cases.

dmspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a decent sounding bluetooth speaker dock for the new iPad?

Due to the difference in the battery from the iPad 2, I'm wondering if an iPad 2 dock will be able to charge the new iPad adequately.

I also would like to know about speakers without a docking station. What do y'all have?

TIA!

Logitech and others are coming up with speaker systems with built in Air Play. You should look at some of these when considering speakers.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixed the spacing issue on the list. Not sure what I pressed or did to lose all spacing..

Get those pics up, I'm curious what it looks like a as well :D

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Purple eBay Smart Case -- I really am not too fond of it. If this is what Apple's case is like, then $40 is 10X too much. I paid $12.50 for the one above...not really happy. The leather one from Apple is much better, even though it too is overpriced.

I'm picky about cases.

that's like borderlining into pink for me. Maybe its the flash. But bottom line is, it works

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
exile said:
that's like borderlining into pink for me. Maybe its the flash. But bottom line is, it works

That one does look pink ,,,try this one....

Attachments

• image-2545895441.jpg
    image-2545895441.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 406

Most reactions