What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't really sure about car mounts when I was changing things up yesterday. Those RAM mounts looks pretty solid.

I don't see one where you could hook it up to the backside of the front seats in a car. Do you have an idea which one to use?

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up the IK multimedia iKlip. This is a terrific device for anyone who uses their iPads while playing music to hold lead sheets, music, lyrics etc. I also use it as a tripod for the camera/video camera.

features_5.jpg

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF

Last edited:

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drathbun said:
I picked up the IK multimedia iKlip. This is a terrific device for anyone who uses their iPads while playing music to hold lead sheets, music, lyrics etc. I also use it as a tripod for the camera/video camera.

That's something I've been looking for! Currently using one of those rolling computer tables to hold up my iPad when reading sheet music. Do you know if the iKlip rotates into portrait mode?

Edit: now that I've visited the website, the answer to my question is yes. It can pretty much rotate to any angle.

Last edited:

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
6mildollarman said:
That's something I've been looking for! Currently using one of those rolling computer tables to hold up my iPad when reading sheet music. Do you know if the iKlip rotates into portrait mode?

Edit: now that I've visited the website, the answer to my question is yes. It can pretty much rotate to any angle.

Yes it does, but you have to remove a screw, change the orientation and put the screw back again. Not very convenient.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Added IK Multimedia - iKlip stand and SpeckProducts new PixelWrap HD case

Other Accessories section was split up for stands.

Had a huge list in my head last night on some speakers I wanted to add. Then fell a sleep and couldn't remember it all day today.. it'll come back to me.

Keep the accessories coming! The more the better :)

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drathbun said:
Yes it does, but you have to remove a screw, change the orientation and put the screw back again. Not very convenient.

Oh man, that does sound inconvenient! There are many times when I want to look at sheets in portrait and some in landscape (side by side) in the same session.

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
6mildollarman said:
Oh man, that does sound inconvenient! There are many times when I want to look at sheets in portrait and some in landscape (side by side) in the same session.

In my mind I see the whole mount on a spring loaded hub that you would simply pull on, turn, and it locks back into the hub with detects for landscape and portrait modes.

Noodles118

iPF Noob
Reaction score
exile said:
I wasn't really sure about car mounts when I was changing things up yesterday. Those RAM mounts looks pretty solid.

I don't see one where you could hook it up to the backside of the front seats in a car. Do you have an idea which one to use?

I saw a few types of iPad cases that attach to the front seat headrests on both the Best Buy website and also on the OutfitYours.com website.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been searching around and added a couple of head rest mounts. The reviews were pretty good. Much better than some I've read. Seems pretty limited but its all what I found so far. Hope it helps for those who needs one

Edit-

Still need to add the ram mounts. I'll do that later. Too busy today

Edit2-

Added RamMounts in the mount section, thanks for the suggestion on that :)

Speakers - added creative bt speakers, Bose sound link and Bower&Wilkins products.

Last edited:

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I finally found this thread again to report back to you on the Roocase Dual-view multi-angle leather folio case that I ordered from Amazon. It got here quicker then I expected. I ordered it in magenta & it's a a beautiful deep fusha pinkish color. (not little girl/babish pink) It's great. It automatically wakes & puts the IPAD to sleep. The part that the IPAD goes into detaches from the stand part so you don't have to hold the whole entire cover if you don't want to. You can use it in landscape or port. It has a heavy velcro that attaches it so you can put it in either mode. It's a very nice leather. When propped up it stands in place nicely...maybe not super steady if someone was bouncing around on the table on the couch that it was setting on though. It might slip on down, but it feels safe in it's cover. For me this isn't a problem 'cause it's just me & hubby w/ no kids around & maybe none of them are super secure when they are propped up. It's really a great cover & I'm glad I got it!

Skebo5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am specifically looking for a case that is designed to hold the new iPad as well as the Apple Bluetooth keyboard. I have found plenty of cases for each, individual, but only one that housed both. That case was made by i.something or other and was about $30 and had poor reviews. I am willing to pay a bit more for a good and proper case. Any tips or guidance?

Most reactions

Latest posts