What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

jimmy23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone Know where I can buy a snap on cover for the back of the new iPad that works with the smart case in the UK?

Sent from my iPad 32gb (3rd generation) using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lunar

Just had a look at those case mate models as I'm looking for a decent real leather quality folio case for my ipad 3, but I notice their promotion specs say 'Inspired Leather'...lol and for 60$ which over here in the UK they would be charging around £50 I think I'd be wanting proper leather.

I have a couple of cheap ones, which are simulated leather, but there does seem to be very few real leather well designed one's about.

pandaburns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimmy23 said:
Does anyone Know where I can buy a snap on cover for the back of the new iPad that works with the smart case in the UK?

Yes, John Lewis . You can collect from nearest waitrose store if you order online, I have bought the targus clear one from there for my new iPad with apple smart cover,

jimmy23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pandaburns said:
Yes, John Lewis . You can collect from nearest waitrose store if you order online, I have bought the targus clear one from there for my new iPad with apple smart cover,

So can you confirm that the back cover will fit? And I'll get a clear one too, how much was it?

pandaburns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimmy23 said:
So can you confirm that the back cover will fit? And I'll get a clear one too, how much was it?

The slim profile makes this Targus THD011EU cover the perfect choice for those who want to keep their iPad safe from bumps and scratches without hiding Apple’s signature sleek styling.

It was £12.95 free del to waitrose in under 24 hours. Yes it fits. Clear hard plastic gives a shiny finish and seems fine with smart cover.

jimmy23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pandaburns said:
The slim profile makes this Targus THD011EU cover the perfect choice for those who want to keep their iPad safe from bumps and scratches without hiding Apple’s signature sleek styling.

It was £12.95 free del to waitrose in under 24 hours. Yes it fits. Clear hard plastic gives a shiny finish and seems fine with smart cover.

Thank-you :)

 Sent from my iPad 32gb (3rd generation) using iPF 

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have had good luck with Coveroo. You can buy from them direct. Not UK, but they offer engraved covers of numerous types.

Last edited:

Ripad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to disagree with the statement of the smart feather from Incipio not fitting ipad 3.
I took mine off the 2 and poped it right onto my new 3 with Apple smart cover and it works just fine.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ripad said:
I have to disagree with the statement of the smart feather from Incipio not fitting ipad 3.
I took mine off the 2 and poped it right onto my new 3 with Apple smart cover and it works just fine.

I like that cover but it's a case of half fit with no problems and the other half don't fit. Maybe cases that were on the 2nd gen iPads somehow stretched?

Ripad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked at it again and it's on very tight at the side and hinge side. We'll find out for sure as I had ordered a new ipad3 back cover before I got the ipad. I'll post back when it arrives.

dp118

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ZooGue Genius Case for the iPad 2 works fine with the iPad 3. Just fitted it to my iPad 3 and it is a perfect fit. This case allows for great landscape viewing on any surface, i.e., belly, lap, desk, any surface, and it is infinitely adjustable for viewing angle.

This is a small company whose owner started with virtually nothing and built a great little company based on his excellent case design...million+ dollars in sales last year. An American success story during a deep recession.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marlenedegrood said:
Incipio Smart Feather for iPad 2 does NOT fit :(

Reported fitment issue

Ripad said:
I looked at it again and it's on very tight at the side and hinge side. We'll find out for sure as I had ordered a new ipad3 back cover before I got the ipad. I'll post back when it arrives.

Thanks let me know! Maybe it was a small quality consistency issue leading to poor fitment issues? Not sure.

dp118 said:
The ZooGue Genius Case for the iPad 2 works fine with the iPad 3. Just fitted it to my iPad 3 and it is a perfect fit. This case allows for great landscape viewing on any surface, i.e., belly, lap, desk, any surface, and it is infinitely adjustable for viewing angle.

This is a small company whose owner started with virtually nothing and built a great little company based on his excellent case design...million+ dollars in sales last year. An American success story during a deep recession.

Thank you! Item will be added :)

oldsubman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Logitech keyboard from Zagg works fine with the new ipad. Ipad snaps into case without difficulty and stays secure. There is no problem with functionality either.
The Belkin Snap on Back for ipad2 is not a good fit with the new ipad. It will go on, but not as securely as it does on the ipad2. It is more of a wedge fit than a secure snap fit.

Most reactions

Latest posts