What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i tried the Targus Vuescape for Ipad 2 at Best Buy and it did not quite fit the Ipad 3 so ordered the new one from Amazon-due Wed. A friend had had one for the Ipad 2 for a year and says hers fits the 3 but probably because it has stretched just that small amount by being used for a year and taking it in and out.

I have a Propup for the Ipad 1 which is too big for my 3 but Propup generously is replacing mine. They said they should fit all Ipads from original to 3. I love mine for reading in bed and in handsfree reading and typing sitting in a chair as I'm doing now.

edit: Got the Vuescape this afternoon and like it very much. It has 3 good viewing angles--two on one side with the slots to hold up Ipad--and one of them is terrific using the BT keyboard. To use the lower angle I like for onscreen typing, you turn the cover over and use the tab above the stylus holder (which won't hold my Adonit Jot or not easily) which slips between the Ipad and the cover and holds it securely in the lower angle. Its relatively light, slim, secure. Good value for the money I think.

Last edited:

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can confirm that the Beyza Executive II case, for the iPad 2 does work with the iPad 3, including all the magnet functions. Mine is the black one (just arrived from Germany....took less than a week).

Nice case. :)

BZ19915_Executive_Cover_Open_Black.jpg

Last edited:

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did some digging around on this issue. I found out there are 2 generations of the snap shield.

First Gen: it has 4 raised corners, for each corner, to clip onto the ipad. The microphone cutout is a small circular'ish shape.

Second Gen: this is the improved version. If you hold your ipad in portrait mode with the home button at the bottom: there are 2 corner clips on the left hand side of the ipad. On the right hand side, along the entire edge, is a long raised edge to clip on. Not the tradition 4 corner clip as the first Gen. Also the camera cutout is a trapazoid shape and not just a small circular'ish cutout.

Also, viewing some old uploaded videos on YouTube of the case, the distinctions are very clear. The first Gen cutout for the volume rocker is an entire cutout. Whereas the second Gen cutout is an actual rectangular cutout with the ongoing edge to clip on. Not just an entire cutout section for the volume rocker.

So based on all the negative reviews, I can only presume those people obtained the first Gen. Which was highly prone to the 4 corners cracking.

Hope this helps.

Bingo! Nice job Detective Exile :)

Remember, if you have a Target store, the Belkin Snap Shield and the Snap Shield Secure is only $19.99 on sale this week. Definitely get the Secure model if you have the Apple Smart Cover.

Also, viewing some old uploaded videos on YouTube of the case, the distinctions are very clear. The first Gen cutout for the volume rocker is an entire cutout. Whereas the second Gen cutout is an actual rectangular cutout with the ongoing edge to clip on. Not just an entire cutout section for the volume rocker.

The second gen clips on the longitudinal section (as seen below) on one side of the new iPad. Actually, the clips aren't in the actual corners on the other side too.

11682-official-ipad-3-accessories-thread-0319121300.jpg

Dragonrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Care less about iPad II - What about V1 accessories.

I could care less about the IPad 2 accessories. My iPad 1 TV adaptor (apple), USB adaptor, video adaptor, and smart card adaptor all work on my V3. None of my cases work - which is too bad, I really liked the original Apple case & hate the new magnetic case. Also, all of my old power adaptors, including car adaptor works fine.

souskei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone please let me know if the (iPad 2) smartsound snap back from cygnett will fit the 3rd gen iPad?

I really like the idea of the sound scoop and would like to get this snap back!

Thank you!!

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zman said:
Bingo! Nice job Detective Exile :)

Remember, if you have a Target store, the Belkin Snap Shield and the Snap Shield Secure is only $19.99 on sale this week. Definitely get the Secure model if you have the Apple Smart Cover.

The second gen clips on the longitudinal section (as seen below) on one side of the new iPad. Actually, the clips aren't in the actual corners on the other side too.

I started noticing very... Very faint spiderline cracks started to form on the top left clip. I took it off for the first time since I put it on Saturday to see if it might have been dust or something. Then upon taking it off, the spiderline cracks disappeared.

I think I might return it.... Not sure yet. I really want to get the blue snap on secure but belkin has yet to release it =/

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI, the Beyza Executive II case is also available at cases.com. It was $22 cheaper last week actually. They must've brought it more in line with the US pricing on the Beyza site.

I lucked out because I found a German reseller via Amazon for $112/shipped to Canada. Got it in less than a week via the mail.

Sounds like a LOT of money, but it's high grade leather, not unlike Vaja offerings (I have one of those too for my iPad 2). The design of the Executive II is better, IMHO. Cheaper than Vaja too. I understand Beyza is a Turkish company with high standards, not unlike Vaja.

As an FYI, the magnet function on my Vaja Libretto doesn't work great with the iPad 3, but does with the iPad 2. Might want to update that on Page 1. Vaja will probably need to tweak the case a bit.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
souskei said:
Can someone please let me know if the (iPad 2) smartsound snap back from cygnett will fit the 3rd gen iPad?

I really like the idea of the sound scoop and would like to get this snap back!

Thank you!!

I emailed them, still awaiting a reply. If you found out already let me know! I'll add it to the list

Most reactions

Latest posts