What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People I am a little confused here, need your suggestions please....What will be a good combination

1.Apple Smart Cover+Belkin Snap Shield

or the

2.Apple Smart Cover+Incipio Smart Feather

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last edited:

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
People I am a little confused here, need your suggestions please....What will be a good combination

1.Apple Smart Cover+Belkin Snap Shield

or the

2.Apple Smart Cover+Incipio Smart Feather

I've read on the best buy Bellini page and most of the reviews say the Belkin cover cracks at the corners. I'm also interested in the smart cover and the incipio.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my Switcheasy Canvas for the iPad 3 this morning (in Black). The magnets shut the iPad off as advertised. Doesn't really hold the cover down with as much authority as the older version of the Canvas. I for one didn't mind the latch on the old one.

Looks like a nice case so far. Some people are upset about the lack of a "typing" position on the new version, but I find there really is one....it's just a little steeper than before.

I'm liking the case so far.

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got official word from NewTrent - embassy keyboard case does not work

http://www.newtrent.com/ipad-2-case-with-keyboard-p/imp39b.htm

Joseph, Mar 19 09:55 (PDT):

Hi Branden,

Thank you for taking interest and the time to contact us in explaining the issues that have occurred recently. We wish to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

The current embassy keyboard case cover will not fit with the iPad 3 due to it's slightly thicker than the iPad 2, however, the wireless keyboard will remain compatible via bluetooth.

We are hoping to release a newly redesign wireless keyboard for the iPad 3 by May or June.

Please check back with us soon as we are working very hard in the effort to expand our company's product line and meet consumer's demands.

Please contact us for further assistance. Thank you for choosing New Trent, your satisfaction is our #1 Priority.

Regards, Joseph Customer Support

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WriteRight Fitted Screen Protector Kit
For Apple iPad 2
$14.88 at Walmart
Features: 2 Screen Protectors/Cleaning Cloth/Instruction Guide/1 Year Limited Warranty.
Bought it and it works fine after spending 30 minutes + on getting the bubbles out.

Griffin Tablet Stand at Walmart $28.88 works nicely and is sturdily built.

overthetop75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The incipio feather is awesome. I just got mine yesterday and it even comes with a screen protector. The nice thing about this back cover is that it locks in your smart cover also. So now when my son grabs the cover to pick it up the magnets don't give out dropping the iPad on the ground. If you had the feather for the iPad 2 it is the exact same aside for being a bit bigger to fit the new iPad.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The incipio feather is awesome. I just got mine yesterday and it even comes with a screen protector. The nice thing about this back cover is that it locks in your smart cover also. So now when my son grabs the cover to pick it up the magnets don't give out dropping the iPad on the ground. If you had the feather for the iPad 2 it is the exact same aside for being a bit bigger to fit the new iPad.

Thanks for the info. I just ordered one in "Frost" from their website. One of the few sellers who doesn't gouge on shipping to Canada, or insist on using UPS (I paid $8/shipping via USPS which is reasonable).

overthetop75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I just ordered one in "Frost" from their website. One of the few sellers who doesn't gouge on shipping to Canada, or insist on using UPS (I paid $8/shipping via USPS which is reasonable).
No problem. Also I know it is too late for you but there is a coupon fbfan2012 that gives you like $5 off and if you are in the us you get free shipping.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the Belkin Snap Shield Secure (for iPad 2) on new Ipad with Apple Smart Cover. Great match, perfect fit and no signs of stress or anything like that. This is the *Secure* model with a metal strip on the back for the Smart Cover.

0319121301.jpg

0319121302.jpg

0319121259.jpg

0319121300.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts