What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gayle said:
I am looking for the same thing--need a back cover ASAP. :)

I got mine from eBay for my iPad 2 which still fits my iPad 3. It was just £3 and a snap on clear one compatible with a smart cover

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kitkat3709 said:
I'm anxious to hear if Zoogue IPad2 case will fit the new IPad. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

I just a response from Zoogue. This is what they said

Hi Branden,

Thank you for your email. The iPad2 case we have will work for the new iPad. We added a magnetic closure to the case a few months back that allows the sleep/wake feature to work on the new iPad, however earlier editions of the iPad2 case did not have the magnetic closure so the sleep/wake feature will not work for the new iPad. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Jenn Jackson ZooGue Innovative

Hope that answers your question kitkat :)

Edit-
Just read over that email a dozen times to make sure I got what she said lol.... So... The ipad2 case that was originally for the ipad2 does NOT work. But from what I'm reading, they fixed the ipad2 case for the 3 and just renamed it for the 3.

So basically their new cases for the 3 is a case for the 2 that was fixed for the 3 to work properly.... Yeah... That sounds about right lol...

Last edited:

tbns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Note taken and will be added

Tbns - is your case crown initially made for the 2? or for the 3?

Amazon title said it is for both, so they probably just updated the title. Fits perfectly snug, though. Magnetic sleep/wake works perfectly.

Mitchgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
DON"T BUY the BEAR MOTION....YET, anyway. I'm having a problem with my auto clear not working on my iPad 3. Right now I'm not sure where the problem lies. I'll have to dig out my smart cover and test to see if it is my iPad or the Bar Motion case....more in a little bit!

Ok...the problem is NOT my iPad3. The auto lock works fine with my old smart cover...it just doen't work with the BEAR MOTION case....and that is such a shame...I was really loving this case. It fits fine, though, but something must be slightly out of position for the autolock feature. BEWARE.

My Bear Motion works fine with the 3...it was listed on Amazon as being specifically for the 3 though the packaging doesn't mention it.

Not sure how much I love the case overall just yet, but the magnet/auto lock feature works perfectly.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
exile said:
Thanks tbns, it'll be updated

Aq_oc any word on your case? Were you able to fix it?

No. The comment section on the amazon reviews contains a statement by an employee of the company that makes that case. That person said that 80% of the cases work fine with the iPad 3, but some 20% don't. I must have one of those.

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
exile said:
I just a response from Zoogue. This is what they said

Hi Branden,

Thank you for your email. The iPad2 case we have will work for the new iPad. We added a magnetic closure to the case a few months back that allows the sleep/wake feature to work on the new iPad, however earlier editions of the iPad2 case did not have the magnetic closure so the sleep/wake feature will not work for the new iPad. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Jenn Jackson ZooGue Innovative

Hope that answers your question kitkat :)

Edit-
Just read over that email a dozen times to make sure I got what she said lol.... So... The ipad2 case that was originally for the ipad2 does NOT work. But from what I'm reading, they fixed the ipad2 case for the 3 and just renamed it for the 3.

So basically their new cases for the 3 is a case for the 2 that was fixed for the 3 to work properly.... Yeah... That sounds about right lol...

Thank you so much. I just got that case yesterday so I'm confident it will do the trick. Thank you again for your help.

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

KickerVY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
spiralspines said:
Any Bluetooth headsets? Perhaps ones with microphones that work with Skype :D

I have the Blue Ant Q2 and it works great. Paired all by itself. Dictation is a breeze.

stil29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
celly said:
I've been using it since the iPad was delivered. Won't be my main case because I have two different cases coming, but has been working well for me. I've taken it on and off three times already.

You don't need to force it. Just Be firm until you feel the snap. All corners and edges.

Ok based on your recommendation I'm gonna purchase a green one to match my cover. I had one I blue for my iPad 2 but I gave that iPad to my daughter

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Figured I would share my set up. I really wanted a keyboard case but clamcase is too expensive. I'm not really digging zaggs new design on the 3's keyboard case. So... Something that protects the back and keeps it raised up.

I took tOSU's recommendation, so thank you on that :)

Belkin snap cover paired with a smart cover. Paid 29 for the snap cover and 39 for the smart cover from Best Buy.
(the snap cover is made for the 2. Yes it works and it has been added to the list when tosu reported that)

For the keyboard... Still debating on the apple Bluetooth keyboard or Amazon Basics Bluetooth keyboard.

IMAG0159.jpg

Photos of the edges. The first photo is the smaller edge that JUST fits. It is a snug fit.

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions