What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Ipad 3 Accessories Thread

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Just saw your thread. If you can, give them a call and see if they have a solution for the issue

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, note taken and will be added onto the list!

DON"T BUY the BEAR MOTION....YET, anyway. I'm having a problem with my auto clear not working on my iPad 3. Right now I'm not sure where the problem lies. I'll have to dig out my smart cover and test to see if it is my iPad or the Bar Motion case....more in a little bit!

Ok...the problem is NOT my iPad3. The auto lock works fine with my old smart cover...it just doen't work with the BEAR MOTION case....and that is such a shame...I was really loving this case. It fits fine, though, but something must be slightly out of position for the autolock feature. BEWARE.

Last edited:

marlenedegrood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of you who are getting back covers that are fitting with the smart cover .... could you say where your or who you're getting it from? I know that in a few weeks Amazon will probably have a huge supply of choices but if the back of my iPad 1 case is any example of what the back goes through in 2 years .... then the back of my iPad 3 will probably be trashed in 3 weeks :)

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of you who are getting back covers that are fitting with the smart cover .... could you say where your or who you're getting it from? I know that in a few weeks Amazon will probably have a huge supply of choices but if the back of my iPad 1 case is any example of what the back goes through in 2 years .... then the back of my iPad 3 will probably be trashed in 3 weeks :)

I am looking for the same thing--need a back cover ASAP. :)

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone verify if the speck smart shell fits? It seems the speck will work well with the smart cover. I have a smart cover but need a minimal cover for the back.
Also, does anybody know if the zagg shield for the two will fit the new iPad?

tbns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My blue CaseCrown pseudo-leather case is working awesome for me with the new ipad. And it was cheap. You can get red for $17 last time I checked on amazon. Blue is $25.

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GREAT thread Exile!

Many thanks for your time and efforts - and everyone's posts/recommendations.

Cheers

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DON"T BUY the BEAR MOTION....YET, anyway. I'm having a problem with my auto clear not working on my iPad 3. Right now I'm not sure where the problem lies. I'll have to dig out my smart cover and test to see if it is my iPad or the Bar Motion case....more in a little bit!

Ok...the problem is NOT my iPad3. The auto lock works fine with my old smart cover...it just doen't work with the BEAR MOTION case....and that is such a shame...I was really loving this case. It fits fine, though, but something must be slightly out of position for the autolock feature. BEWARE.

Is your Bear Motion a hard shell snap on or a folio? All I'm finding is a folio case when searching around, let me know :) - item has already been added

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
<strong>DON"T BUY the BEAR MOTION....YET</strong>, anyway. I'm having a problem with my auto clear not working on my iPad 3. Right now I'm not sure where the problem lies. I'll have to dig out my smart cover and test to see if it is my iPad or the Bar Motion case....more in a little bit!<br>
<br>

Edit: nevermind, saw your original link - item has already been added

Thanks!

Last edited:

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone verify if the speck smart shell fits? It seems the speck will work well with the smart cover. I have a smart cover but need a minimal cover for the back.
Also, does anybody know if the zagg shield for the two will fit the new iPad?

It fits. I'm using a clear one purchased for the iPad 2 last spring on my iPad 3. I also have the black version, but haven't tried it yet.

Using a black Smart Cover with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts