What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new blackberry table an ipad killer?

IPAD KILLER?

• Total voters

venom1561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is the new Blackberry computer tablet in my opinion it might be and iPad killer but that's just me tell me what you guys think? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaez_4m9mQ]YouTube - BlackBerry PlayBook - Preview[/ame]

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
could be, but they only have a 1 shot at iPads. if they don't get it right the first time then catching up with bad reputation will be harder. i honestly like to see competition.

OP
venom1561

venom1561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For that one shot on the video it looks like they got most of the iPad's flaws down like multitasking ,flash Media, and the most important to the consumer a camera that records 1080p and it can play 1080p videos. If iPad dose not do something soon I fear that my iPad won't be the best computer tablet on the market anymore:(

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
Looks like vapor ware. Lots of pretty screen shots, but they seem more photoshopped than anything. Projected images on to bus stops and picture frames? I agree with the above. Seems like a day late and a dollar short.

Besides, who "announces" a product and then says it will be available "some time early 2011"?! They're just testing the market for interest.

I much prefer Apple's technique. Announce nothing until the product is actually being manufactured and the supply chain is saturated. Announce should mean, order today get it in a few weeks. The Apple TV is a recent example of that. Mine's coming on Tuesday... :)

Piko

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
For that one shot on the video it looks like they got most of the iPad's flaws down like multitasking ,flash Media, and the most important to the consumer a camera that records 1080p and it can play 1080p videos. If iPad dose not do something soon I fear that my iPad won't be the best computer tablet on the market anymore:(

I suspect that in the 6 months they suggest that the Playbook will come to market that Apple will already be on their third (yes third) iPad. Maybe even their fourth.

Multi-tasking is coming in November and takes better advantage of the lower power hardware. HDMI is handled nicely through a new $100 network adapter (Apple TV).

Only think missing is the front/back cameras. If the next iPad has them, I will be upgrading and handing the current 3G iPad to the missus.

Piko

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What kind of autonomy does it have? Two hours?
What's the OS?

And please people, stop saying "killer", it can never be true...

ivan is the brand call it : iPad killer ….. like they say iPhone killer :)) that yet don’t exist LoLLLLL

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has too much of a first-mover advantage and brand strength with the iPad (how many millions have they sold already?) for any other product to catch up with it, let alone mount a serious challenge (much as their iPod did in the digital player market.)

Sure, newer models will have other features and offerings, but I can't see them making serious inroads into Apple's market share. Right now Apple is like the marathon runner who already started while everyone else was still in the changing room, with the next three runners jostling for second, third and fourth place. In other words, the others will only have a chance if Apple stumbles and in a big way.

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How many supposed iPhone "killers" have they released now? LOL. Just not going to happen in the near future

Bill-fl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a RIM fan and have used blackberry phones forever. The reason I bought an iPad, knowing there are others coming out, was because of the apps. Yes I can get some apps for my BB phone, but nothing like the library of apps available for the iPad/iPhone..

Most reactions