What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iFaraday Stylus---A Review

E_Dragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a SALT before I even came across this post, I'm waiting for it to arrive. But when it does, I'll add my 2 cents worth about it too... I will add; I looked around at a LOT of them and iFaraday was pretty much the only one I considered to buy...

m2edumacated

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Little more of an update on the new rxII. Like I mentioned earlier it goes smooth like butter over the screen (it has a screen protector on). The only gripe I have is the foam underneath the cloth seems to stay compressed when used over a long period of time. I would be using it when all of a sudden the rubber around the barrel would start to rub against the screen. It could be that I
Press to hard or maybe a little more or denser foam would be required. Overall still no regrets.

OshCFII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent thread!

I've been trying to replace paper note taking since I bought my first Apple Newton MessagePad in the late 1990's. I actually was quite satisfied with the Newton for its time.

I've been using the iPad 2 for taking notes since last April. I've used a Boxwave stylus, and a generic Microcenter stylus. Both of these have the soft rubber tip. While one poster upthread mentioned that he got better with time, I am more frustrated than ever. After reading the recent review of stylus's on Macworld, I was all set to order a Wacom Bamboo stylus, but I did a bit more searching and read about the iFaraday stylus options.

Both of my current styli are now more than 6 months old. I use them every day. Someone suggested that they are just wearing out, and that any newer stylus would be better. My primary issues are that it seems the stylus slows me down, and it does not feel precise when writing notes. I should also mention that my preferred style is printing, not cursive. Also, sometimes some strokes are missed when I try to write quickly.

I'm now thinking of ordering the iFaraday RXII instead of the Wacom Bamboo. It is a shame there aren't local vendors where I could test these products.

Thanks for all the useful information in this thread!

John

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...I'm now thinking of ordering the iFaraday RXII instead of the Wacom Bamboo. It is a shame there aren't local vendors where I could test these products.

Thanks for all the useful information in this thread!

John

John,

The iFaraday is produced (more or less by hand, I believe) by a vendor with very limited production facilities. However, if you order one I believe you'll find that he is extremely responsive to user input. The RXII, for example, is the result of input from those who ordered the original RX model.) I can't speak for Rustle but I'm pretty sure he would allow you to return the stylus if you're not happy with it. My advice would be to purchase on of his styluses. Based on mine and others' experience, I think you'll find it to be more than satisfactory.

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the standard iFaraday, Been using it over 1 week now. Took about 10 days to come to the UK. Its my favourite sytlus. I also have the boxwave, Bamboo and a couple of cheaper ones and the iFaraday is my favourite. I'm going to order the RXII as well soon I think.

Hails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iFaraday just came! I figured I would post here instead of starting a new thread.

I love it, it is soooo much better than my rocket fish stylus I got from best buy. I bought the artist version in green lava lamp, and it looks pretty cool. It's an emerald-ish green with lighter gold-green patches, kinda like a camo design. It just slides across the screen, even with a Zagg screen protector installed. My only problem is that the stylus itself is extremely light, I prefer to use pens/pencils/styli with more weight to them.

If you're in the market for a stylus, definitely get the ifaraday, you won't be disappointed.

PreVoiD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent review, OP! You should do reviews like this 24/7! Just imagine how easy it'd be to find the stylus which is "our" soulmate, thanks to you! Looking forward to your next review! :)

m2edumacated

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have to say excellent customer service. Seems that I have a slight problem with my rx2. Sent a picture to him and he is sending me a new one. Still am so glad I found this thread!

PreVoiD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
m2edumacated said:
Have to say excellent customer service. Seems that I have a slight problem with my rx2. Sent a picture to him and he is sending me a new one. Still am so glad I found this thread!

What kind of problem do you have with the RX2?
I mean, it's a stylus - right...? :p

m2edumacated

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What kind of problem do you have with the RX2?
I mean, it's a stylus - right...? :p

The tip must have been pushed in. I think I might have been used to pushing quite hard from using my previous styli. I sent him a pic and he agreed that it seemed to be pressed further in. Absolutely no problem getting things
Rectified quickly.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a little more firm than the rubber tips that I have used, but as it has foam in the tip there is some compression

Skylerhagler may have been asking whether the RXII uses what iFaraday calls the "extra firm" tip that's available on some other models. I suggest he drop a line to Rustle at iFaraday to answer that question. In general, I think the "extra firm" tips work better. And as you've discovered you don't have to push down at all on the stylus.

Most reactions

Latest posts