What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Daily Finally Arrives in the US App Store

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHILJBw-104[/ame]​

After all the hoopla leading up to the event, News Corp.’s The Daily news publication for iPad was finally launched in New York City by News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch and Apple’s Eddy Cue, vice president of Internet Services, and is now available to download from the App Store (currently US-only though) for $0.99 per week, or $39.99 per year. It’s free for the first two weeks though.

Although Apple CEO Steve Jobs couldn’t be at the launch due to his medical leave of absence, he expressed his enthusiasm about The Daily in the official press release:

“News Corp. is redefining the news experience with The Daily. We think it is terrific and iPad users are really going to embrace it.â€

Each day The Daily will publish up to 100 pages focused on six key areas: news, sports, gossip and celebrity, opinion, arts and life, and apps and games. News Corp. says that it will offer views from "across the political spectrum... from across cultures and generations, across America and the world."

The Daily will also feature Sudoku and crossword puzzles, localized weather reports,and a customizable sports package that captures news on the user's favourite teams.

As was expected, the launch of The Daily also sees the introduction of Apple’s new “In-App Subscriptions†feature, which it has been working on for some time, and which warrants a change in the iTunes terms and conditions, as you’ll see the next time you attempt to download anything new from iTunes.

Source: MacRumors, News Corp

Last edited:

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
downloaded it and tried it out, I really like it, but I'm not sure if I want to pay 40 a year for it...Ill keep trying it out over the next two weeks and we'll see what happens.

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not letting this toxic sh*tsky on my nice iPad. Murdoch hates America, loves to make dups of us with his FauxNews. No way is he getting his nasty paws on my nice iPad.

I'll pass.

BrownHornet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded it! Verdict I like just don't know if it worth $40 a year for the same information I can get on numerous websites or collect together via an RSS feeds. Someone tell me what I'm missing. I will give it the full 2 week trial though.

FunN4Lo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not letting this toxic sh*tsky on my nice iPad. Murdoch hates America, loves to make dups of us with his FauxNews. No way is he getting his nasty paws on my nice iPad.

I'll pass.

Lay off the kool aid and DL the pmsnbc daily paper app.... Oh wait... There is not one.

pricej636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The entire thing feels unfinished in my opinion. Its slow and clunky and not very organized very well at all. To each their own though.

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'll pass.

+1 . But that's the nice thing, we don't have to download it but those that do want it, can download it.

Most reactions

Latest posts