What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The case of the reappearing feet

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, bought my new iPad a week ago and, as one does, sat down on the couch, put my feet up and tried out the camera feature. Without getting up took photos of my feet, the tv etc. Very nice camera feature! Then deleted these silly photos a day or so later. But then this problem started: even though I had deleted these photos, the shot of the feet now keeps coming up every time I wake up the iPad by raising the magnetic cover and momentarily also when plugging to charge up and unplugging. No other previously deleted photos show up, just the blasted feet shot. It comes up when waking the machine and shows the "slide to unlock" button which when duly slid opens up the home page. I deleted all photos in Cloud. It does not show up in the "Photos" icon. It also does not show up in the app "Photo Editor" It's just "somewhere in the machine" and I can't find a way of deleting this ridiculous opening page in my iPad. Somewhat embarrasing when I show off my new baby to friends starting with these weird slippered feet LOL Can anyone suggest a solution?

wildsdi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You've probably set it as the wallpaper. Go to display and brightness radio in the settings and change. If not, I'm not sure.

OP
The OB

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
wildsdi said:
You've probably set it as the wallpaper. Go to display and brightness radio in the settings and change. If not, I'm not sure.

Thank you very much wildsdi. You set me on the right track and I fixed the problem. It wasn't the setting of the wallpaper but I was able to go to "Photo Stream" and then was able to choose the photo I wanted by "Set Lock Stream" and that did the trick. The noob that I am, I have now learned, thanks to you, that there are 2 screens ; the original locked screen where you use the slider to unlock to go to the home screen which also can be changed in "wallpaper". Again, thank you!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, bought my new iPad a week ago and, as one does, sat down on the couch, put my feet up and tried out the camera feature. Without getting up took photos of my feet, the tv etc. Very nice camera feature! Then deleted these silly photos a day or so later. But then this problem started: even though I had deleted these photos, the shot of the feet now keeps coming up every time I wake up the iPad by raising the magnetic cover and momentarily also when plugging to charge up and unplugging. No other previously deleted photos show up, just the blasted feet shot. It comes up when waking the machine and shows the "slide to unlock" button which when duly slid opens up the home page. I deleted all photos in Cloud. It does not show up in the "Photos" icon. It also does not show up in the app "Photo Editor" It's just "somewhere in the machine" and I can't find a way of deleting this ridiculous opening page in my iPad. Somewhat embarrasing when I show off my new baby to friends starting with these weird slippered feet LOL Can anyone suggest a solution?

Glad you fixed your prob. And thanks for the laugh.

Most reactions

Latest posts