What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telus in Canada shows the worst iPad plans

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Telus iPad Data Plan

$20 for 500MB, additional usage up to $30 charged...max usage of 5GB, making it $50 for 5GB.

Bell and Rogers have $15 for 250mb, $35 for 5GB....um, nice work Telus?

Terrible decision. They must not want iPad strain on the network...even though it's shared with Bell anyways.

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Telusmobility.com/ipad

$20 for 500MB, additional usage up to $30 charged...max usage of 5GB, making it $50 for 5GB.

Bell and Rogers have $15 for 500mb, $35 for 5GB....um, nice work Telus?

Terrible decision. They must not want iPad strain on the network...even though it's shared with Bell anyways.

Rogers offers only 250mb for 15$, not 500mb... So Telus is better if you stay low.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried to access your link and it says that service is not available in Québec...:mad:
I'm a Telus user so I would have liked to go on with them. I'll just have to wait.

OP
A

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Telusmobility.com/ipad

Bell and Rogers have $15 for 500mb, $35 for 5GB....um, nice work Telus?

Rogers offers only 250mb for 15$, not 500mb... So Telus is better if you stay low.

My bad totally knew that and made a typo. Fixed!

Also just posted a proper link to the site with the plans. It links to Ontario, but they should be available nationally. Likely just hasn't been posted on the Quebec site just yet.

Cheers

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad connected to Telus yesterday. What a hassle! Spent a whole hour with two techs, they had their seminar the preceding day. The first time i reached for service, the tech hadn't had his so I had to call back.
So it works, slower than wifi, much slower but it works. I'll keep its use to emergencies, not for long periods of work and not for downloads...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After a few weeks, I'm quite pleased with the service. It's relatively quick and the fear I had of blowing my 500mb was over rated. As it is I'll have difficulty breaking 200mb...

Most reactions

Latest posts