What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Targus vue case owners

jimmy4fingers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heres a couple ideas first off I love this case! Same price as the smart cover, but I think that the apple smart cover is defiantly overrated! Now I have the TARGUS VUE SMART COVER I think it is the first out there? the placement of the magnet activated the sleep mode on and off, with no problem I just used my dremeled tool and made a small hole for my magnet and hot glued it that's it I think it looks kind of cool leaving the silver magnet exposed I was gonna paint it but decided not to. also when you shut this thing the latch really didn't seem to catch very good so I heated the latch with my heat gun till it got soft " it's plastic under the leather" and then shut the case and reformed it against the I pad and now it is a secure latch when I close it it stays closed it's awesome ! Just ordered my I skin CARBON for the front and back then the IPAD 2 will be complete thanks for looking

Attachments

• image-2224140245.png
    image-2224140245.png
    735.8 KB · Views: 412
  • image-3577911871.png
    image-3577911871.png
    719.6 KB · Views: 356
  • image-654240593.png
    image-654240593.png
    828.1 KB · Views: 343
  • image-2566772487.png
    image-2566772487.png
    789.4 KB · Views: 328
  • image-1257127833.png
    image-1257127833.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Targus PivotVU or VUScape

Heres a couple ideas first off I love this case! Same price as the smart cover (snip) ! Just ordered my I skin CARBON for the front and back then the IPAD 2 will be complete thanks for looking

I have the same protective cover. The stand setup of three angles is slick. I haven't done the magnetic thing yet...but I will. My cover latch works perfectly... great protection, front, back and corners ... cutouts are perfect for port and control(s) access.

Why the Skin Carbon? I don't see the need ... why do you?

Last edited:
OP
jimmy4fingers

jimmy4fingers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madhatter61 said:
I have the same protective cover. The stand setup of three angles is slick. I haven't done the magnetic thing yet...but I will. My cover latch works perfectly... great protection, front, back and corners ... cutouts are perfect for port and control(s) access.

Why the Skin Carbon? I don't see the need ... why do you?

Ah just in case plus it looks cool it has the front one to that covers the bezel

norwei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is really helpful man. Thanks a lot. I have the targus cover as well and I have been trying to figure out how to add a magnet just for convenience and coolness sake because the sleep button is still really accessible even with the cover closed.

Where did you buy the magnet? Is there any reason why you put the magnet on top instead of inside? I am thinking of adding another one at the lower part just to make it look symmetrical. I'm one of those symmetrical freaks. Love the logo piece at the center.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is really helpful man. Thanks a lot. I have the targus cover as well and I have been trying to figure out how to add a magnet just for convenience and coolness sake because the sleep button is still really accessible even with the cover closed.

Where did you buy the magnet? Is there any reason why you put the magnet on top instead of inside? I am thinking of adding another one at the lower part just to make it look symmetrical. I'm one of those symmetrical freaks. Love the logo piece at the center.

I found a small magnet on a tire gauge I bought a long time ago, $3. Go to an auto parts store. The magnet has fairly strong attraction force.
I cut a small slit in the inside protective material just past the sewing. Leave the sewing alone. Then the magnet just slips under the material. A little elmers glue enabled the flap to be captured. Looks quite nice. Works very well. What is nice about this approach is the magnet is covered so it doesn't scuff. It is close to the front edge so it doesn't interfere with the typing position setup.

norwei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks, I will be holding off on adding the magnet to my targus case. I was browsing in amazon and I saw the Toblino 2 case which looks very similar to the targus case but with the magnet already built in. It also says it's made of real leather so I ordered it and scheduled delivery is Tuesday. So if that one works out great, I will be returning the targus case.

Most reactions

Latest posts