What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Targus iPad bag

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brother gave me the heads up with this bag as he picked one up for himself at a Walmart in NH. They are designed for the iPad. Sell for $50 on Walmarts online site, but are selling for only $25 in their stores!
I picked up two today at an Albany NY location.

Walmart.com: Targus CityGear Mini for iPad/Tablet/Netbook: iPad & eReaders

I keep our iPad's in Yoobao cases for protection as without a case the iPad is way too slippery. This bag is super for traveling and holding all the accessories.
One padded pocket inside holds the iPad even within the Yoobao case. And the other pocket holds my Apple BT keyboard along with all my other accessories like the Belkin adjus. Flip Blade stand, HDMI adapter and cable, charger etc.

If you are in the market for a bag to hold all your stuff yet still want to keep it as small as the iPads form factor it's worth checking it out while they are still priced at 50% off. Targus makes quailty stuff. They also make one for a 10.2 netbook, don't get the models mixed up. The Targus iPad specific model # is TSM148US.

I have no connection to Targus or Wally World, just passing along a nice find cause I appreciate all the help this forum has given me.

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bww said:
Thanks so much will be going to Walmart tomorrow to see if they have them.

You're welcome. It's really the perfect accessory for the iPad. A place for everything and everything in it's place.

By the way. If the store you are at is out of them they can check their computer to see which Walmart near you has them in stock. The store I was in had like 5 or 6 hanging on their rack in the electronics department.

Last edited:

cityboy709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the same exact carrying bag 2 weeks ago and i absolutely love it. its a great item,I also paid $25.00 for it.

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice find. Amazon is great! But if Walmart is only $1 more (Amazon charges tax in my state as Walmart does) I'd rather swing by Walmart then wait out a 5-7 day UPS (read SlowPS) delivery! The old "bird in the hand" thing . . . or better yet . . . "bag" in the hand ;)

Last edited:

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got one of these bags at wal mart. It's a nice little bag for the money. In case anyone is interested the apple keyboard in an Origami workstation case will fit inside, but just barely. I mean it's a very tight fit! I was looking at the Waterfield design mini bag but this one is less than half the price and seems well made. I won't use it that much so it should work for me.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bestbuy also has them for $35, picked mine up at the end of August. I find I use my MobileEdge ScanFast more because it's a little bigger and allows me to carry accessories like my fold up stand ScanFast Ultra Portable / Netbook Messenger Bag - TSA Approved / Compliant - Airport Security Checkpoint Friendly | Mobile Edge It doesn't show the second zipper compartment open but that's where the iPad goes and it's got a designated pocket that the iPad fits into perfectly with the Griffin Surviovor case on it and then there is another pocket that is about 2 inches wide that takes up the rest of the width of the bag that I can drop the charger in or my fold up stand.

PTLinsongz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brother gave me the heads up with this bag as he picked one up for himself at a Walmart in NH. They are designed for the iPad. Sell for $50 on Walmarts online site, but are selling for only $25 in their stores!
I picked up two today at an Albany NY location.

Walmart.com: Targus CityGear Mini for iPad/Tablet/Netbook: iPad & eReaders

I keep our iPad's in Yoobao cases for protection as without a case the iPad is way too slippery. This bag is super for traveling and holding all the accessories.
One padded pocket inside holds the iPad even within the Yoobao case. And the other pocket holds my Apple BT keyboard along with all my other accessories like the Belkin adjus. Flip Blade stand, HDMI adapter and cable, charger etc.

If you are in the market for a bag to hold all your stuff yet still want to keep it as small as the iPads form factor it's worth checking it out while they are still priced at 50% off. Targus makes quailty stuff. They also make one for a 10.2 netbook, don't get the models mixed up. The Targus iPad specific model # is TSM148US.

I have no connection to Targus or Wally World, just passing along a nice find cause I appreciate all the help this forum has given me.

I am finding that the Apple BT Keyboard is a little tight by itself in the largest compartment; in fact, the on/of button is getting pushed on through the bag and draining the battery. I am trying to find a way to prevent this from happening.

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are traveling you can just reverse the batteries in the tube. I have not experienced the battery drain as holding the button in for a few seconds does actually shut off the keyboard. My cover shuts the iPad off anyway, so I have not experienced any battery drain as I'm probably nearing 2 months on the same two AA's.

PTLinsongz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response; it made me go back and read the manual. The manual notes that if, after pushing the one button, the keyboard doesn't pair with IPad after 3 minutes it shuts off. That was great to know.

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya, I did not know that it had an off switch either until one of the moderators responded to another one of my posts "sweet poison" who mentioned holding that button in for a few secs after the green light goes off actually shuts down the keyboard!

Funny aside regarding switches: I read today Steve Jobs did not want Apple products to have on/off switches!

Read the 6th highlighted paragraph down in this interview:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/technology/2011/10/isaacson-jobs-60-minutes-interview/44028/

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts