What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taotronics Portable Wireless Speaker review

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Portable Wireless Speaker from Taotronics is a small but very good sounding Bluetooth speaker with the ability to act as a USB audio device as well.

The TT-SK02 measures in at 168 x 41 x 51mm and weighs 235g. It has a 1500mAh rechargeable battery that lasts for up to 10 hours. Included in the package alongside the speaker is the rechargeable battery, a micro USB charging cable, a 3.5mm audio cable and a user guide.

The speaker features an on off switch on the rear, next to a power LED as well as the micro USB charge and aux in sockets. Shared buttons on top control volume and track changing and a multifunction button in the middle of these takes care of play/pause and interacting with phone calls. The microphone for the speakerphone sits next to the NFC area which makes pairing a simple process for NFC enabled devices.

Uncommon for such a portable speaker, this unit supports USB audio which means you can plug this in via USB and stream music using a tethered connection. This ensures you don’t suffer any compression artefacts that can be heard with a Bluetooth audio connection.

Sound quality for such a portable speaker is actually very impressive. This has a fairly rich sound which impresses and sounds good with a large variety of music. You couldn't call it bass heavy given the limited size of the enclosure but it still offers a pleasing sound.

I know I would be more than happy to travel with this speaker and it’s probably the perfect size. Its not too large to pack and not too small that the sound is overly compromised. I certainly don’t have any complaints with this speaker and can happily recommend it.

Video review:

Attachments

• Taotronics Portable Wireless Speaker 1.jpg
    Taotronics Portable Wireless Speaker 1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,174

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Portable Wireless Speaker from Taotronics is a small but very good sounding Bluetooth speaker with the ability to act as a USB audio device as well...........

Thanks again for the excellent review - the speaker is similar to the ĂŤnateck one that you reviewed previously and prompted a purchase - an interesting difference is that the rechargeable battery is removable, thus replaceable - not sure how important that may be? Dave :)

P.S. Do you put together the YouTube videos linked?
InateckSpeaker.png

OP
donka

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, these speakers are quite similar in size and output. I'm still not sure the merits of a removable rechargable battery in a portable speaker as it's not as critical as say a phone but still an interesting feature. I'm not sure if replaceable batteries are readily available though but they may help extend the life span of the speaker if they are easily replaced in a couple of years time.

Yes, I also put together the YouTube videos although still experimenting in this regard.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks - I'm enjoying using the Inateck while on the road and even @ home when I want to stream from my iPad Air 2 (Amazon app & Spotify mainly). And, congrats on the YouTube videos - well done! Dave :)

OP
donka

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks again. Yes these speakers are surprisingly good for their size. We use them around the house too when not in the main room.

Most reactions

Latest posts