What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing with several itunes-store accounts?

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks,

we have pulled together all our different "family"-iTunes libraries into one big database. Trouble is, that there are 6 accounts involved.

Now the iPad is moaning, that it only can sync with 5 accounts. But I can't get rid of them, because I also have some movies or apps bought with these accounts, which I want to sync.

Any idea for a work around?

CGPanama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kheldour,

I think you can just go to the Deauthorize Computer option under the Store menu and remove the account(s). Not sure that will work as far as the iPad is concerned though. You might need to then restore the iPad to the factory defaults.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The question is whether or not you have six itunes accounts. If you have six itunes accounts, does that means six different credit cards to charge to? If so, then you should consider talking to an Apple rep about some type of family itunes account that can be shared. If it is all on a single credit card, or can be, then you should get the accounts merged. You can only shared five devices on one account, but there are work arounds if you have a little used device or two.

OP
K

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kheldour,

I think you can just go to the Deauthorize Computer option under the Store menu and remove the account(s). Not sure that will work as far as the iPad is concerned though. You might need to then restore the iPad to the factory defaults.

That's what I basically did. I "killed" two of the minor accounts by unauthorizing them and then restored my iPad to factory default.

Takes some time, but I spent even more time to consider, what will go on it.
One thing I noticed for sure - my 32GB is more than reasonable. Although I am considering getting a 3G once it's out here in Germany.

CGPanama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad it worked out.

RE:Size - I don't regret getting the 64GB version, but I am well under 32 GB usage so far. But I expect over time to reap the benefit of the extra $100.

dithyrambique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kheldour,

hello mate,

what is the proces to deauthorize computers from your ipad considering that you can`t access these computers anymore?

thanks

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dithyrambique said:
hello mate,

what is the proces to deauthorize computers from your ipad considering that you can`t access these computers anymore?

thanks

Wow, you sure re-opened an old thread. Still to answer your question, log into the account on the apple website then select unauthorize all computers. Then you will simply authorize the ones you have access to when you need to by logging into your iTunes account in iTunes.

This has nothing to do with your iPad, only the computer.

If you are selling your iPad you probably want to restore it to factory settings instead to clear all your personal information off of it.

Most reactions

Latest posts