What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing question

Greywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although up to 10 years ago I was a MAC user since then I have been using PCs (work) I am now in a position to return to MACs for my personal stuff. (couldn't justify the expense before).

Today I bought my iPad. I was reading through how to start to use it and the following thought came to mind.

I am currently running Windows 7 and Vista machines, and was going to start using the iPad syncing it to one of these. However, within the next week I will be ordering a customized MACbook pro.

My question is, would I be better to wait until I get the MACbook and sync it straight to that, or will starting on a PC and then swapping not cause me too many problems.

You can tell that I am completely out of the MAC loop these days but looking forward to a better computer experience returning from the darkside

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome Back and welcome to the forum

You can use up to 5 systems to connect your iPad. I have a desk top and a laptop, I synch to both--one is WinXP and the other PC is on Win7.

I'm considering purchasing the Mac Air. If I do, this would be my second Apple. Funny how perspectives go, being an iPad owner is considered by my colleagues to be going to the dark side!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't Sync. Why using that stupid setup. Just copy pointers to the Library, and move them from there to the iPAD. After the move, clear the library. Never use the Sync.
Could be nice to be able to copy from Windows directory, directly to the iPAD, but Apple force you to use a middle man. I never use the sync. I just copy what ever I need to the iPAD, and delete it ( Like Magazines & Books) when I am done with them. That way I don;'t have the common accidents of erasing the iPAD library by mistake !!

Most reactions

Latest posts