What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing Photo's

pizellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated my photos for my iPad. I put them in a folder on my computer (IN ORDER) of how I want them to appear when viewing them on the iPad.

After I sync'd up the iPad with iTunes, I found that the updated pictures ARE now on the iPad .... BUT ... in random order. I really want them to be in the order I have them in the file folder in my computer.

How can I get them to appear in order.

OP
P

pizellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You for the information - it is insane - absolutely insane. After all trouble of spending hours labeling my pictures so they come out in order --- and they don't ....

You are right ... the process to correct s anything but simple.

I'll probably just leave it alone ....

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This topic is covered in detail here:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/15111-getting-images-onto-ipad.html

This simple problem is anything but simple.

If you look at my contibution to this thread, I keep my 25 GB of photos on a network drive and access them using FileBrowser. It seems to work quite well and of course I am free to organize my photos the anyway that I choose to.

WD Photo can be used to move selected photos onto the iPad to take with you but it looks like the iPad not much use as a primary photo storage device.

I avoid iTunes as much as possible and really only use it for the occasional backup and iOS upgrades.

It's all a bit sad because the iPad is potentially great for storing and viewing photos.

Last edited:

3rdfoundation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will try a variety of options after Christmas. I would prefer a solution that works without connecting to a network and uses the ipad's native photo application.

My next experiment will be to see if I can have multiple main folders, each with the ipad photo cache so it only has to transfer images instead of reconvert them. If anyone has insight into trying that, help would be appreciated. I haven't seen anyone on the web who's tried it. People tend to complain about the opposite problem: un-needed ipod photo caches taking up space. If that works, it will suffice. If it doesn't, media stash is next in line.

Last edited:

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out "Photo-Sort HD" and see if it will allow to do what you want. Apple really missed the boat on photos in general, after making such a nice camera for the iPhone

Most reactions

Latest posts