What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synching Calendar & Contacts to iPad.

cmm7766

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am a new iPad owner. I've come here for advice because what I've found out on the web seems to be a little outdated. I have owned an iPhone for years. I just recently bought the iPad and everything is working fine. I have been successfully able to synch up my music and apps from iTunes. However, my calendar & contacts did not synch. In trying to check off the correct boxes in iTunes, I received some messages that made me confused and hesitant to pull the trigger, afraid to death of wiping all of my contacts & calendar entries from my iPhone! I'd almost rather enter everything manually into the iPad than to do that. Is there anyone out there who can give me a step-by-step so that I do it correctly? Thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My best advice is to turn off all the contact and calendar syncing in the iTunes store. Instead, activate your iCloud account and use it to sync your contacts and calendars between devices.

Both devices need to be using the same iCloud account. When you activate iCloud be sure to chose to use the same ID as your Apple ID. This will keep things simpler. When the iPad asks you to Keep/Merge your contacts and or calendars, say yes.

If you are already using Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, or some other service to sync your contacts and calendars with the computer, use those instead. When setting them up on the iPad in "Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars" you will have the option to turn on/off your contacts and calendars; as well as a few other things, depending on the account type.

OP
cmm7766

cmm7766

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My best advice is to turn off all the contact and calendar syncing in the iTunes store. Instead, activate your iCloud account and use it to sync your contacts and calendars between devices.

Both devices need to be using the same iCloud account. When you activate iCloud be sure to chose to use the same ID as your Apple ID. This will keep things simpler. When the iPad asks you to Keep/Merge your contacts and or calendars, say yes.

If you are already using Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, or some other service to sync your contacts and calendars with the computer, use those instead. When setting them up on the iPad in "Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars" you will have the option to turn on/off your contacts and calendars; as well as a few other things, depending on the account type.

OP
cmm7766

cmm7766

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you SO much for taking the time to reply. I will give this a shot!

Most reactions