What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Calendars synching one way but not the other

cballi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just tried synching my iPad and iPhone calendars through Google calendars on an Exchange account. My iPad events transferred to my iPhone, but not the reverse. Anyone have some idea what could be wrong?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Can you explain more of what you actually did? Were the calendars originally on the devices or gmail accounts or something else?

OP
C

cballi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So sorry, just realized someone had answered. I had kept my calendar for a long time only directly on my iPhone. Then I bought an iPad recently and added some items in there to play with it. I looked up instructions for how to sync them and transferred them to Google calendars on each device, using an Exchange account. The items on my iPad calendar transferred to the Google calendar, but the ones on my iPhone didn't. Should I just start the process all over again? I'm very confused now about what's connected to what, through what account. Mainly what I'm interested in is preserving everything on my iPhone calendar by syncing it to Google calendar, and then getting all that over to my iPad. The things I put into my iPad calendar as I toyed with it are not that important.

Thank you!

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was able to finally get my iPhone and iPad calendars to sync. I use the gmail calendar, or yahoo. For some strange reason my outlook calendar did now work. Just set the as default calendar on both devices. Hope that works.

Most reactions