What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synch Kindle to ipad

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still a new iPad user and when I registered my Kindle on the iPad app, it say it is synched to the latest point in the book but the iPad is in fact a good dozen pages behind where I am on the kindle. Can anyone tell me how to get it synched accurately?

Best wishes from Scotland.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Have you tried tapping on the open book and then pressing the refresh icon (circling arrows)? That should reload the whispersync.

Alternatively, close the app down, open up the book on your kindle, then reopen the app to see if that refreshes it.

OP
Grinchy

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Have you tried tapping on the open book and then pressing the refresh icon (circling arrows)? That should reload the whispersync.

Alternatively, close the app down, open up the book on your kindle, then reopen the app to see if that refreshes it.

Have tried both suggestions, app after going through synch progress says I am synched to further poi t in book.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
I don't know then, another alternative to try is to send the book to your archive on the ipad and then retrieve it see if that updates the position.

Its certainly strange, I've never had a problem with whispersync between the ipad and kindle.

Also a quick reboot of the ipad wouldn't hurt either (hold home and standby buttons until the ipad restarts, ignore the slide to power off)

OP
Grinchy

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
I don't know then, another alternative to try is to send the book to your archive on the ipad and then retrieve it see if that updates the position.

Its certainly strange, I've never had a problem with whispersync between the ipad and kindle.

Also a quick reboot of the ipad wouldn't hurt either (hold home and standby buttons until the ipad restarts, ignore the slide to power off)

Thank you. I will try with a few books first to see if the problem is consistent. Appreciate your help.
Kind regards

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A dozen pages seems a lot . On my devices it's not absolutely accurate either but I believe it is due to the font sizes not being the same on iPad and Kindle .

Most reactions

Latest posts