What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync with Outlook?

Reckker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Synch with Outlook 2003

Deleting email on iPad but Outlook is not getting the updates?

Last edited:

Grenfrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tasks syncing with exchange

Try TaskTaskHD for syncing tasks from outlook. Works flawlessly for me - and includes flagged emails.

Another option is IMExchange2 which includes notes and tasks - but not flagged email items.

I'm looking for an integrated calander and task app - like InformantHP - that syncs with exchange.

ptab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It actually did work - in a way...

Well, the point was to synch the items that were entered on my iPad calendar to the one calendar I had in Outlook. After doing the synch, I saw none of the items from my iPad on my Outlook calendar, although the holidays I had added to my Outlook calendar were now showing on the iPad. THEN I noticed that it had not done what I would call synching the 2 calendars, but it had created a NEW calendar in my Outlook called "from my iPad". So esentially what I was trying to do, add the items from the iPad onto Outlook, was accomplished. If I did have items in Outlook already, and wanted to actually synch it with the iPad calendar, that would not have happened. Yes, I realize I can overlay the 2 Outlook calendars if desired, but the point is, don't call it a synch if it actually creates a new calendar.
Thanks for everyone who replied with ideas, I appreciate it. :p

Tachi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sync with Outlook

Well, I have read with interest all these replies. I have Outlook on my PC, and it is setup in my iPad2, as well. I can receive and send emails on either machine.

However, when I sync, it works in only one direction: Outlook data will be added to the iPad2, but changes made in iPad2 (calendar, contacts, notes) do NOT get added to Outlook.

So, it is not a synchronization, but a copy from Outlook to iPad2. :mad:

Contrary to popular opinion among Apple lovers, Microsoft is not unique at writing poor software.

For me, that is an issue. THe PC is, and always will be, easier to work with, and is a primary tool in my work both here in the States and internationally (I travel a lot). But when I need to make some quick changes to email or calendar while at some construction site, the iPad2 has some obvious advantages. But the fact that it does not "sync" forces me to do double-duty - I have to manually add calendar appts, for example, into Outlook.

zoli10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
transfer isn't working

Hi,

I am trying to transfer my contacts and calendar info from my iPhone to Outlook 2010 on a new laptop. I selected the correct settings in the "info" tab in iTunes, and the sync appears to process however it's not transferring correctly. Specifically, once the sync is complete I will all my contact names and their company info in my outlook contacts, but there will be no phone numbers, no email addresses attached to any of them AND my contacts in my iPhone will be like that (all the names, but no other data. It's just gone)....I then have to re-sync my phone with my Macbook address book in order to restore the data and start over.

Can anyone offer any help? Thanks.

wkc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
re: sync with outlook

first system specs;
win 7 64bit
outlook 2003 exchange
behind tight security
latest version of iTunes
iPad 2 wifi 64g no 3g

when i try to sync and portion of outlook using itunes, error message "sync has stopped functioning"

my work around is "gSyncit" app for outlook to Google gmail > Google gmail sync to iPad.
tasks, calendar, contacts. company policy prevents email but i am sure it would work. calendar is flawless i even get reminders.
this works as advertised in my case. however, i do NOT like the gmail contacts. My outlook contact list is in 500+ filed as company, last name, first name which is not supported in gmail contacts.

Q: does anyone have a thought on iTunes sync problem?
Is there a non Google option which is more business orientated for contacts?

thanks in advance

dblankenburg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad/iPhone will not sync Outlook notes or tasks. I believe there are a few PIM apps that will but I don't know what they are.

JCipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sync issues with outlook calendar

Hi
I just got my ipad and cant figure out how to sync the calendar back to outlook.
it picks up info from outlook calendar but does not transfer it back.
i have been hunting a solution but i cant seem to crack it...
i have opened up an exchange address etc but no joy there either.

any suggestions or crew with the same issue?

cheers.

JCipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone had success syncing their iPad with Outlook 2007?

I have tried iTunes/Info and thought I could at least sync contacts, calendar and notes - but it does nothing. :(

I have resorted to using mobile.me for the contacts and calendar functions, but it would be uber-cool to sync my notes and tasks from outlook as well.

Is there another app that could be used? I've searched and only found separate PIM apps.

Is there a workaround I could apply?

Did you find a solution to this? im having the same issue. so frustrating! only syncing one way - from outlook calendar to ipad but not the other way around.

rickyricardo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what your are doing wrong but iPad and iPhone both sync perfect. I used to sync with Microsoft Exchange on my last job with no problem withnmy iPhone. As a matter of fact it sets up a whole lot easier than Blackberry.....

All you do is when the iPad is plugged in, just hit the "info" tab and click the things you want synced..... Pretty simple....

wow, what a confussing thread. all i wanted to do was sync my ipad calendar with outlook calendar. I couldnt understand half that was said in this thread, until i read this simple sentence and found my answer. I feel kinda stupid but hey, i am new to this. lol thanks Bremen.

Luvntravln

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what your are doing wrong but iPad and iPhone both sync perfect. I used to sync with Microsoft Exchange on my last job with no problem withnmy iPhone. As a matter of fact it sets up a whole lot easier than Blackberry.....

All you do is when the iPad is plugged in, just hit the "info" tab and click the things you want synced..... Pretty simple....

I don't know what I am doing wrong either!!

My calendar syncs perfectly; my contacts are a joke!

My laptop Outlook contacts are organized by first name, last name.

When I open iPad contacts they are a mess and certainly not organized by first name, last name.

Sometimes it takes the last name as the letter for the synch; sometimes it takes the first name; other times it takes a word or name in between the first and last name/word.

Is there any way to set preferences regarding how the contacts are organized in the iPad?

Are there any apps that do a better job of syncing with Outlook?

Do I have to create various groups, e.g., persons, businesses, etc?

Thanks,

araje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My whole calendar has been created on my iPad. I would like to synch all that info TO my Outlook calendar, which is currently blank. I am afraid if I synch w/ Outlook, I will lose everything on my iPad created calendar, and cannot afford to do that. Is it possible to do this without losing any info?:confused:
And hoprfully without having to use MobileMe, I absoultely hate iTunes!!:mad:

Pretty much in the same boat except that I am on the other side.
I have all my stuff in outlook and would like to Sync with ipad. I hate itunes and cannot install it on my company laptop. All options I have seen so far are to sync with a cloud either with mobileme Google or something like that so that it can be transferred to ipad. Well, that's good for some cases but I cannot do that since its proprietary data and cannot be hosted outside like that.
So basically I am looking at some sync applications that directly sync to ipad no middle man in between. Companionlink is one service but 49.99 just for doing this - get out of here.
Any other services that you guys know of? Please let me know.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

robejoeh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to Sync iPad, iPhone with Outlook Mail, Calendar and Contacts with ACtivesync

How to Sync iPad, iPhone with Outlook Mail, Calendar and Contacts with Activesync

Smartphones and Tablets are best designed for Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) for its optimum utility. Activesync does real-time Outlook synchronization between all devices over internet, in real time. While other EAS, require all users on the domain to join it, making it non-feasible for most. However, there are couple of ActiveSync mail options adaptiable by any one on a domain without having everyone join it.

1. Google Apps. This is a paid service for $5 per account with all features and free with basic features. The downside of GoogleApps is it requires some modifications to your domain records and involvement of your domain administrator.

2. Triosync. Triosync is ready to go ActiveSync mail option starting $ 4.95 pm with impressive features. Unlike Google, triosync does not require any modifications what so ever. At the backend of this service is a highly stable EAS called Kerio Connect. You can run your current mail box parallel to Triosync as long as you like.

Joeh

robejoeh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Triosync or Google Apps. These are paid solutions but would be a permanent solution for you.

Robe

robejoeh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smartphones and Tablets are best designed for Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) for its optimum utility. Activesync does real-time Outlook synchronization between all devices over internet, in real time. While other EAS, require all users on the domain to join it, making it non-feasible for most. However, there are couple of ActiveSync mail options adaptiable by any one on a domain without having everyone join it.

1. Google Apps. This is a paid service for $5 per account with all features and free with basic features. The downside of GoogleApps is it requires some modifications involving your domain administrator.

2. Triosync. Triosync is ready to go ActiveSync mail option starting $ 4.95 pm with impressive features. Unlike Google, triosync does not require any modifications what so ever. At the backend of this service is a highly stable EAS called Kerio Connect. You can run your current mail box parallel to Triosync as long as you like.

Most reactions

Latest posts