What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sync ipad with iphone??

bigsubmaween

iPF Noob
Reaction score
were picking up two ipads soon, my wife asked if there is a way to sync your iphone calendar and contacts with the ipad without plugging into itunes? it seems pretty archaic if its not possible? there must be a solution...a good question nonetheless.

AlexanderHC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are using a Google exchange account on your iPhone, and iPad, then it will keep everything in sync all the time. I love it! But it means you gotta use gmail ofc.

Edit: contacts, calender and emails in sync
Edit: did I mention its free? ;)

Last edited:

Kingv84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your wife has a mobileme account syncing all her information to the cloud, her iPad will get all the same information stored on the MobileMe cloud server back to her iPad.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a MobileMe account OR a Microsoft Exchange account, then yes.

Otherwise, unfortunately not... You'd have to use iTunes.

cotti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the built in calendar but with google calendars set up on it which syncs fine between my pad'n'phone.

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MobileMe, as others have mentioned will do all of this. It is a very small price to pay (especially if you buy it on Amazon)...aside from cal, contact, bookmark, etc syncing...you get "Find My iPad" (if we're talking about a 3G iPad...otherwise...not sure if it works).... if you were to ever lose your iPad, you can log in to your MobileMe account from any browser, and either remotely lock down your iPad, GPS locate it, and send a message to it, like "please call XXXXX at XXX-XXX-XXXX to return device"...its awesome, and totally worth the price!

Again, as someone else mentioned...Google Apps (the $50/year/user pay version of Google that acts like Exchange, and can keep everything in sync for you). I happen to use both on my iPad... The only reason I ever connect my iPad to iTunes it to change up my video/photo/music content, or whenever they will have software updates...otherwise...no need!!

Good luck... just got one for my wife as well...its great with both of us having them...

AlexanderHC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Again, as someone else mentioned...Google Apps (the $50/year/user pay version of Google that acts like Exchange, and can keep everything in sync for you). I happen to use both on my iPad... The only reason I ever connect my iPad to iTunes it to change up my video/photo/music content, or whenever they will have software updates...otherwise...no need!!

Which part of Google forces you to pay?

Most reactions

Latest posts