What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync And Charge On A PC?

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Never thought I'd be asking this kind of question but is there a way to charge and synchronize the Ipad on a Windows based PC?

Anybody know if a 10w USB adapter is available?

Any kind of adapter to sync and charge the Ipad?

All my adapters are 5 watt and so won't charge the Ipad.

I appreciate any input.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Sorry no one answered you. I have no idea since I just use the wall charger. But maybe now that I bumped you, someone will see and answer you......

tuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USB charging

It says it's not charging but mine does. This is on a Dell laptop. It just takes longer. Plug in over nit and you will see.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
It says it's not charging but mine does. This is on a Dell laptop. It just takes longer. Plug in over nit and you will see.

Interesting, I will have to try that some time just to experiment. It does make since that even though it's not 10 watts it would still trickle charge.....

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They do charge, but only after the screen goes off, and it is very slow. It will say not charging when the screen is on, and obviously when the screen is off, you can't see that it is actually charging. Because I kill mine almost daily, I don't bother, I just use the wall adapter every night.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From MacWorld:

The issue is simply that the iPad has heftier charging requirements than iPods and iPhones, and some USB ports (especially those on older computers and most USB hubs) don’t provide enough power to charge the iPad during use. That doesn’t mean lower-power USB ports can’t charge the iPad at all; instead, whether they can charge the iPad’s battery (and how quickly) depends on how the iPad is being used.

From Apple:

When charging iPad using a computer's USB 2.0 port, make sure the computer is plugged in to power and not in standby, sleep, or hibernation mode. iPad does not charge when connected to an older accessory that only supports FireWire charging.

Most reactions